cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart View not working -- TU7000

hi there, 

Can't screen mirror from my new out the box TU7000. I van connect to play content, but not screen mirror. Any help? Thx in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart View not working -- TU7000

Can you try the following?

1. Unplug your modem, router, and TV. Do not disconnect any Ethernet cables, just unplug the power cords from the wall.
  2. Plug in your modem and router first, and wait for it to establish a connection.
  3. Plug in the TV and turn it on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is there a known issue with this tv? Same problem here.  Galaxy 8+ and I've tried everything.  It appears that there phone actually connects and both tv and phone seem to confirm that bc smartview icon on my phone says it's running.  All i can get is a black screen.  Please help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@useranfuSHEalP wrote:

Is there a known issue with this tv? Same problem here.  Galaxy 8+ and I've tried everything.  It appears that there phone actually connects and both tv and phone seem to confirm that bc smartview icon on my phone says it's running.  All i can get is a black screen.  Please help.

Yes I have a Galaxy S8 and I am having the same exact issue with a TU7000 the phone connects and tv is blank only able to cast playing videos or music  I believe this is a software glitch that they must fix! seeing you have the same problem, it should screen mirror the phones image, I even took back the tv replacing with a TU8000 same problem exists also.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for sharing.  Samsung!  Can someone please help us here.  I'm going to have to return this tv. At least tell us if this is a known issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue with TU7000 and S8

I have done all major troubleshooting steps, and still a black screen when using smart view.  Sounds works  but video doesnt.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Unacceptable. I've had this tv for two weeks and the closest repair center is an hour and a half away. 

There surely must be an alternate solution. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Smart view is confirmed to work on my tv with an s9, so it appears to be am issue with the s8, as another use commented.  

Does not fix my problem, but its good to know my tv does NOT need to be serviced.

Highlighted

I read and confirmed that some Samsung mobile devices running the intial Android 9 OS will show black screen when using Smart View. Those include the Note 8, S8, and S8+. It sounds like patch will be released via an Android OS update to address this.