cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart View won't add new Folders

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have a SAMSUNG - UE60JU6000 Smart 4k Ultra HD 60" LED TV. Had it for 3 years and don't have a problem with it. Up until 2 days ago though, I have been using the Smart View on my PC which has suddenly developed a frustrating problem. Usually any videos I have I just click 'Add content - Add folder' and it brings in the videos which I can then press play and watch on my tv. Now it just gets stuck at say 23% or 56% and it never moves, I left it for an hour yesterday. If I click on cancel and try it again it gets stuck at 300% every time.
Just to clarify it has no problem connecting to my tv, I just can't put videos into it to watch. I tried restarting the tv, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Smart View which makes no difference.
I tried right clicking on videos in my Library, selecting 'Cast to device' and choosing the tv but it just gets stuck on loading. I tried dropping the videos in the Videos folder and browsing from my tv into the folder and playing it that way but it says 'this file is not supported' even though I have played hundreds of those file types. I use this a lot and without it I have nothing to watch or do.
Please help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart View won't add new Folders

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow I can't believe after writing all that I suddenly had an epiphany... I tracked it down to just 1 video was corrupt for some reason. Took it out and all the others come through fine now so I can watch them all. So simple in the end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might want to reinstall the program on your computer and see if that fixes it. If not, reach out to Samsung customer support.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow I can't believe after writing all that I suddenly had an epiphany... I tracked it down to just 1 video was corrupt for some reason. Took it out and all the others come through fine now so I can watch them all. So simple in the end

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.