cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart hub and a few other problems with Q60R tv

Hey,

I got Q60R 49 inch tv recently and it worked perfectly until today.

Today I noticed that all of the tv's apps, won't start at all (except the apps that comes with the tv like YouTube and such).

I tried opening Spotify, Netflix, Plex and Steam link and when I press on it it says for example "Netflix loading..." for a second and nothing happens.

What I tried to do:

Check my network settings - didn't help (and for some reason when I try to connect my wifi, in the setup it says that I'm connected to wired even though I disconnected the wired cable from the tv)

Reset smart hub - didn't work, I did this a few times and after I'm doing it, the smart hub won't load until I do cold rest.

(As mentioned) Cold Rest - also didnt work at all.

And after I tried lots of things I said well, it's time for the good ol' factory reset! But, when I pressed on the factory reset it did nothing! It asked me for the pin, did a restart and nothing, the tv is the same, no factory reset, no new setup (I did a factory reset before and its definitely not that).

Oh, also the TV Device Manager won't load (I thought maybe it will show me something but it doesn't load at all).

Not sure what is wrong with my tv, I really hope someone can help me Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Smart hub and a few other problems with Q60R tv

Hi @DrRocO 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I see you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps. One step that I can recommend, and I know it may sound simple, but is to completely unplug the tv from the wall outlet for about 30 seconds, this way the tv can reset itself completely. 

I have had a similiar issue with my LED tv and it resolved it. Every tv is different, so it might or might not work, but it's a suggestion. Also make your your tv software is up to date. You may want to do the update before unplugging it.

Hope this helps in any way. Have a great day.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey, thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately I'm already on the latest version (it says 1352 even thought that on the website it's 1351.3) and I tried to unplug it for 30 secs.

It's so weird I can't tell what causing the problem. There is any "developer mode" in these TVs?

Edit: tried to enable it but it doesn't let me turn it on/off. Great.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to make sure when you were asked for the pin did you input the default pin of 0000 or have you previously set up a pin? Also have you tried uninstalling a reinstalling the apps? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I input the default pin code since I didn't setup any new pin, and I can't install/reinstall/delete any apps, I get an error " [name of the app]:18 ".

Yesterday I called for support and they wanted to remote management but I couldn't turn on this feature. I agreed to the terms of this service but I cant turn it on (not grayed out, just off and wont turn on no matter how many times I press on it).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you attempted a factory reset of the unit yet? I would attempt this and then try to get support to remote access into the unit for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

That's the weird thing here.

I tried to factory reset many times, even through the "hidden menu"/service menu, and it doesn't work (the reset).

I press on reset (or in the hidden menu "factory reset") and it loads, gets to 100%, restart the tv and nothing changed, all still the same (with my apps and all the only thing that have changed is the picture settings. Other than that, nothing), no tv setup menu like it would normally have. It acts like I just did a power on/off to the tv.

I really don't know what happen to the tv all of a sudden, so weird.

If there is any more ways to do the factory reset than I would love to know.

And the timing is just great with all the quarantine haha

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try calling in to 800-726-7864, and ask the agent to remote connect to your device. They can help with this.

Highlighted
Constellation

I would love to! But as I already mentioned, the "remote management" is currently off (not grayed out, just turned off) and I can't turn it on. At first i though, oh it might be the terms of use that I need to accept (like it says in the menu tooltip) and I went and accepted it, went back to the option and still, no matter how much I press on it, it doesn't turn on.

Another weird thing that I found was that if I do a cold restart to the tv, it shows like I didn't accept the terms of the remote service.  And I feel this is the problem because there are a lot of settings and stuff that I can't turn on or make any changes, for example the internet. I dont have any wired cable (used to have), and when I setup my network settings and selecting wifi, at the end it always says "you're connected wired".

Also, last thing is that somehow yesterday netflix did boot up but only for a single time that I somehow was in the hidden menu thing, no idea how it happen.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same thing happen to me. A couple of apps wouldnt load. They would start then just stop. If you can access the apps menu, go there and open your apps from there. Seemed to work for me. I can now open them from the main menu. TV device manager is also not working for me. Nothing happens when i click on it and its not greyed out. I tried opening from the settings menu and nothing.