cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

So many problems, so few solutions

Own a 55 inch 4k curved television purchased at Sam's Club 11/16/2016  (4 years ago today).  Finally put into service in Spring 2017 after home remod projects were completed.  Has worked pretty well until the last few months.  One day while watching a black & white show I noticed some pale purple blobs appearing on the screen.  Yes, firmware was up to date.  House is protected by a whole house surge protector to prevent damage to any and all appliances that have imbedded microchips.  After some investigating I discovered that this purple blob problem has been reported by many users.  By the way this televison is in a household with two adults that don't abuse the electronics that they own/use.

A couple aof weeks ago a mysterious white area appeared on the panel.  This appears to be a known problem.  This also is a known problem that apparently is not being adressed by Samsung.  Since my television is out of warranty first year by Samsung, second year courtesy of Sam's Club) I guess I am out of luck as far as anyone really caring and/or addressing these problems.  By the way would you like to stop over and see the ima on my 2004 Panasonic plasma?  It has worked since day one and the image is great.

2 REPLIES 2
Constellation

Re: So many problems, so few solutions

This is ridiculous that Samsung won't own up to the white spots which are supposedly lenses that have fallen off behind screen. I have four 4K Samsung's and one of them already started one year after the warranty expired. Now I'm worried about the rest. So much for brand loyalty. 

Constellation

Re: So many problems, so few solutions

We are looking for new laundry room appliances.  Do they (Samsung) really think I would even consider their brand?