cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sound Cuts Out on new TV

I recently purchased a Samsung 43" TV (UN43NU6900B) and a Sound Bar (HW-R50M) 
When watching TV the sound cuts out for 1/2 – 1 Second intermittently. 
My TV is connected to the sound bar via the optical cable.

The TV is connected to my Apple TV, and no other components.

Any suggestions for how to resolve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound Cuts Out on new TV

Have you tried using an HDMI cable? What is your current firmware version on your soundbar? And what is your current software version on your TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, 

Yes, I tried using an HDMI cable, in fact I tried several different ones. No luck. The problem still persists. 
The current software version on my TV is 1290.

Now what...???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen on all sources? Please feel free to send me a private message with your full serial number http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi. have you had any  luck with this?

I have what appears to be the same problem and is so annoying!

I have a samsung Q60R and the sound cuts out for .5-1 seconds every so often when I am streaming thorugh the smart TV. (So netflix, disney+ etc.). The sound is fine if I am watching regular tv through cable box. I have Hdmi cables for everything (including sound through the HDMI 4 port ARC).

Used to love Samsung but this is really questioning my loyalty as I haven't been able to get any help.

thanks!

tim

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.