cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sound issues in TV

I just bought a Samsung Q60T 75" TV as an upgrade from my Samsung NU8000 55" TV. I have a Denon AVR-1913 receiver. Used it on the old TV with Arc no problem. On the new TV, using eArc is giving me problems. When I set my input to cable/sat to use my XFINITY box, sound is fine. If I use the input for TV which allows me to use the apps on the TV, the sound is low and garbled. I swapped HDMI cables just Incase. Didn't change anything. Changed all of the sound encoding just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Anyone have this problem before and a possible solution? I can use the apps through Xfinity but I'd rather use them through the TV since Xfinity doesn't have all of the same apps.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound issues in TV

Are you having trouble with any sound through the TV speakers or is the issue strictly with the sound coming through the receiver?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sound through the TV is fine. The sound during set up of the TV and the receiver was fine. Sound when using the receiver and the cable box is fine. It's only messed up when I am using the TV input with the receiver. It has that high pitched squeek and low volume. Almost like a de-coding issue. It's not a huge issue since I can use most of the apps through Xfinity. I just can't use the apps from the TV, like Disney+. I tried changing the sound settings just Incase it was an issue with that but no luck. I thought maybe it was an issue because the TV is eArc and the receiver is only Arc but like I said, it's only when using the TV input. It worked on my 55" Samsung but it was Arc. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this exact same problem!  I also have a Denon AVR-1913 and bought a Samsung Q6D series TV from Costco back in February.  I recently tried to play a movie through the Amazon app and the sound was garbled through the Denon.  TV sound is fine.  DVD is also fine through the Denon.  Swapped out HDMI cables, updated the receiver firmware, tried to update the TV firmware (but none available). 

I used to use the optical output cable with my old LG tv and had no issues.  I have tried using different HDMI inputs to my TV (besides the ARC) and using the optical input as well as other various different configurations.  Nothing seems to change the garbled audio.  I wish someone else knew what was going on.

Highlighted
Constellation

So your having the issue regardless of how you connect to your receiver? I hadn't tried to used any other connections. Mainly because Disney+ is the only app I can't access through Xfinity. Maybe someone from Samsung will come up with some solution

Highlighted
Constellation

I have done some additional fiddling.  I have tried a a couple of more apps (Youtube and Plex) and those seem to work.  However, the Amazon Prime TV app always gives me the garbled sound through the Denon.  Redbox did the last time as well.  It seems to be hit or miss on the apps I've tried. 

Blu-ray DVDs also work fine through the Denon.

I really have no idea what's going on.  I want to get Disney+, but it would be disappointing if I can only watch with my TV speakers.