cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sound issues with my Samsung NU6900 series tv UN75NU6900

I've had sound issues with this TV since I bought it. It has been very intermittent and frustrating. At first, I had a normal set up with just the TV and my router connected to a cable modem.   Needless to say, the sound would just intermittently stop playing through the TV speakers. Sometimes I would have to turn off the TV but other times just switching the input would fix the no sound issue. This also happened when I was streaming.   Sometimes the sound wouldn't come back on at all and I would have to turn off the TV and wait quite a while before it would start working again.  Then I decided to buy an external speaker system and connect it via the optical data link. Unfortunately, this did not correct the problem. It is still totally cutting off my sound at various times. I noticed a big difference when I first turn it on. This is mostly when it cuts out. But it actually does go off while I'm watching various things.  This also happens when I'm on HDMI 2 and playing Xbox. So I'm having the same issue while it is on Input tv, HDMI 1 (added a fire stick 4K) and HDMI 2. I also checked  to see if I needed to do an update. It is at the latest release. Is there anyone that can help me with this TV.  Hopefully from Samsung.  Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound issues with my Samsung NU6900 series tv UN75NU6900

Does the same happen with internal apps? Have you tried to factory reset the unit? What is the current software?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes. It happens all the time. No matter what app I am using. And yes I have done a factory reset. Several times. .  I am at version 1292

Highlighted

A newer version is uploaded on the Samsung website that specifically addresses the audio mute issue!

There are instructions on how to update your TV firmware using USB stick.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01207540/

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm using 1300.4 and it made the sound crackling and issues even worse. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I've had the tv for two years now and no firmware updates they've offered (yes I used the USB method) have worked. I'm so frustrated I'm finally throwing in the towel and buying an LG or Sony tv tomorrow. It completely ruins my gaming experiences. I even ended up buying two Xbox One X's thinking it was the console. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I wonder if it's only people who have the TV hooked through the Xbox one maybe that's why they can't fix because it's a compatibility issue. This only happens for me on the hdmi all apps are fine

I found easy way to get back the sound because sometimes I have to power off and on the TV (5) times before the sound comes back.

Go in support -- self diagnosis-- run sound test -- msg will say did this solve problem select yes -- then exit -- your sound will be back for now .
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the issue with a NU7199 and nothing connected. Just exit Netflix after some watching using the goback and then Exit menu option from netflix main screen and sound is off. Always. I am on 1300.4 firmware.