Original topic:

Sound not playing in STARZ shows, but do during trailers

(Topic created: 03-19-2021 09:35 PM)
user2ujNX1A9Sv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

A strange issue. watching American Gods on STARZ, the sound plays during trainers, but not during the show. Sound is working fine in other APPs and channels. Any idea?

JP

5 Replies
userGynjcrv6yW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue with American Gods. I have done the troubleshooting of trying to reset the TV, deleted and reinstalled the app. The only thing I have not done was reset the Hub, as that logs you out of EVERYTHING and I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to.
I do have a roku on another TV, I attached that to my TV and American Gods plays fine. I need that Roku on the other TV, so really need this to work on my TV.

Samsung, please help

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello @user2ujNX1A9Sv, have you tried the following steps like @userGynjcrv6yW did?

If you have done the reset and checked for software updates for both the TV and the app I would recommend reaching out to Starz Customer Service concerning this since this is the only app that you are having trouble with. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergg7MemyLR1
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just got Starz, installed the app, and ... no sound on the programs. But sound on preview.

powered off / on the tv and made sure the firmware on the tv is up  to date - and no sound.

I ended up using my iPad and mirror on to the tv. 

0 Likes
userGynjcrv6yW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I spoke to Starz and they stated it was a known issue and they are “working” on it. No idea when it will be fixed. I use a Roku now.

0 Likes
user2ujNX1A9Sv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have found if i begin a program with no sound, I just need to play for a few seconds, then get out of the show, go back in and click "RESUME" and the sound comes on.

0 Likes