Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 03-09-2018 01:38 AM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
userx2VdQYAozW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just figured out why my speakers are popping while i'm watching tv. I have a small refrigerator plugged into a wall socket on the same wall as my tv and stereo in the other room. They are back to back so are on the same circuit. When the frig is running it's fine, but when it stops a loud pop on my speakers happens. Anyway i disconnected the frig, now no popping.

0 Likes
userCNayGHLEHQ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same popping sound issue with my 65 inch 2018 QLED. This condition started about 3 month after I purchased it and is intermittent. Please advise.

0 Likes
hillsmi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Read my longer post on pg 5, and follow-up, above. It solved my issue. Read all the posts, and you will see different solutions.
0 Likes
usersLSL4nERa1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm, also having the same problem.  After it pops and crackles the volume lowers for a while.  It doesn't happen constantly, but enough to make you worry.  I don't want to return the TV because it appears to be a common problem and I'm affraid of having the same thing in a different set.  It would be nice if Samsung would pipe in here to tell ua all what to do.  I do fear it will get worse.

0 Likes
usertmhAwlsQj7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have purchased my 55” about 2 weeks ago.  Today after facing the tv on for about 2 hours I have been hearing a popping noise.  It’s very random.  I have a Samsung sound bar that I shut off.  I’ve heard the pop a few more times but not as often.  What is this from?  Should I be concerned with arching?  I’m very concerned about a fire hazard.

0 Likes
userb0c5LQcFgq
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue!! Series 8000 65” bought right before Christmas 2017.. popping, arcing, static sound everyonce in a while. Sometimes worse, sometimes don’t hear it  all evening.  Channel selection doesn’t seem to matter. Samsung... come one what’s the issue and fix???? 

0 Likes
userRzbNAXOTND
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recently purchased the Q7F "55 and have also noticed it does the same popping along with a small drop in sound level. I only use the tv speakers, no sound bar, and it only happens when I watch cable tv. It's very random. I have never noticed while watching netflix or while using my PS4. Hoping it's just a matter of having a software update or changing to a different hdmi cable...

0 Likes
userXZCJ4L6xKv
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am continuing to have this problem as well despite every effort to fix. 65" 8000 series purchased from Costco right before Christmas. Samsung TV is connected to my Bose v35 via an opticatical cable and all devices (Dish Hopper, PS3) connect to the Samsung over HDMI using the One Connect cable back to the TV. The One connect cable is not routed inside the wall so I feel that any sort of electrical interference etc is not the issue.  The popping is random and can not be replicated on command but it is fairly frequent. I can occasionally go an evening or two without hearing it, othert times it happens multiple times an evening. It does not seem to be tied to a particular channel, happens when watching live TV via dish, netflix / amazon video via the tv app, or DVR recorded programs.  I have not tested long enough with the PS3 to determine if it happens there or not since we mainly use Dish/Netflix for most of our viewing and use the tv's built in app. 

I have replaced the optical cable multple times using a cheap thin cable up to a nice insulated gold plated (yes i know) cable and still expereince the popping. I have also toggled the optical out settings on the TV from Dolby to PCM without resolution. I should note that previouslly my LG tv was connected to the v35 over optical with the bose acting as the HDMI switcher and we never experienced this issue. Obviouslly it is something with how the samsung is sending signal over optical but there seems to be no answer. 

I think that i will call costco conceriege this week and look into exchanging for a different brand. I understand that their electronics conceriege service is outstanding so it might be time to test them out. 

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still having issue where every once in a while get a like 5 pops sounds out of sound bar. Using Optical cable with Q7F.

0 Likes
Kelly_A
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Has anyone tried disabling Dolby Digital to see if it resolved the issue?

0 Likes