Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 05-15-2018 11:52 AM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@ user3Up0Xz8QAQ I would be happy to investigate further. Was this exchanged by the retailer or through Samsung directly? 

0 Likes
user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous wrote:

@ user3Up0Xz8QAQ I would be happy to investigate further. Was this exchanged by the retailer or through Samsung directly? 

The first time they took the TV for repair to change the motherboard. I received the. TV 20 days later but the issue exist!

I requested new TV this time and retailer accepted my request within Samsung permission.( local dealer ) ( as I know ).

The second TV also do issues 😞

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Anonymous wrote:

Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

I did!  

Is very annoying and I can beleive that this issue is coming also from the new TV. The sales man told me that he sold too much models of this TV and I am only the scond guy who has this issue.  Is unbeleivable that I received defect model again! Thinking some maths the chances are amazing. I have to go and play Jocker maybe?

0 Likes
user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Dear all

This weekend I did a small experiment.  Friday afternoon I switch on the TV until Monday morning. The experiment was to allow the TV play videos for 48 hours non stop to let all components to become very hot to see if the is issue is temperature related or capacitor discharging. So today morning ( Monday) I turned off the TV and remove the TV from power socket and wait to hear any CLICK. Yes the TV starts clicking noises even when is FULL power OFF ( not standby ) . 

That's mean the plastics OR hardware at THIS time sart the shrinking process when is cooling DOWN! and produce the clicking noise.

By turning ON the TV components start expanding. Turning off  power cut or even stand by the components start shrinking and produce This noise.

The question now is for how long we will hear those unwanted sounds? Maybe forever or for some months until build materials being mature ?

By this experiment I beleive Samsung public statement regarding this issue :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108743/

But again this is not acceptable for a premium TV maker.  What we can do to avoid this? 

Can anyone do the same test for 48 Hours to compare the results?

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm glad for you; fingers crossed for you.

Since I did the update 2 weeks ago, I've had just over a dozen popping sounds with the volume dropping slightly afterwards. While the popping is not as loud, it is nonetheless bothersome and is a constant reminder that I bought a piece of 2nd rate equipment from a company I thought was a leader in the industry. I'm giving it another week and if the popping sounds don't come to an end, I'm starting the return/refund process. I spent a pretty penny on my TV and I do not like being reminded that I spent so much $$ on 2nd rate stuff.

0 Likes
userGIqaRFeDUd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I switched to PCM and no more popping....don’t know the difference and don’t care...problem gone!

userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Switching to PCM audio decoding seems to fix the issue which indicates a possible software decode bug. I've not heard any pops in a week which is good.

0 Likes
useroi4TwoDdD2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the 75" 8 Series I bought late 2017. I tried your suggestion and switched to PCM audio, but then the sound would cut out for a split second every so often.  I waited until I heard the sound cut out again then I paused my DVR, switched back to Bitstream, rewinded my DVR 30 seconds, pressed play and the sound no longer cut out.  I was still occasionally getting the pop noise w/ sound decreasing one level so I switched the Sound Mode from Amplify to Optimized. So far after an hour I have not heard the poping.  I will wait a few days to see if that was the issue.

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm still having the issue with random Pop noise using with TiVo Bolt+, Vizio SB4251W-B4  Sound bar and QN55Q7FAMFXZA. Using PCM is not what I want to use when my sound bar can output Dolby Digital. Gotta believe firmware glitch with Bitstream using Dolby Digital in the TV sound settings.

0 Likes