Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 07-03-2018 07:37 AM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You're a Genius! Thanks so much!! I followed your suggestion and saved the extracted files to the thumbdrive as you indicated and then had the TV look for updates, it found and downloaded the update straight away. Fingers cross this takes care of the problem.

Thanks so much! Joe

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please keep us posted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm not sure where the " ✓ Accept as Solution" is unless I'm missing something. However, it does look like the post that worked for me is marked as having worked for me. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks, Joe

0 Likes
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Are you having issues with your TV still?

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Keep in mind that it's only been 36 hours since the update was installed, but as of this morning, there has been no popping sounds. However, there have been times that we would not hear the popping for a day or 2 and then it would start up again. So as of right now, I have my fingers crossed that this version update did the trick and life will be good.

Thanks, Joe

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure the version update to 1230 is the fix; 10:22pm, TV made popping sounds. While they were lighter sounding, they were nonetheless there and distracting. Will keep you informed.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I did what you suggested and had no luck, but I found out I needed to still put the extracted files on the thumbdrive, but not in a folder like had been doing, and there was to be nothing else on the thumbdrive. Once I did that, the TV read the updates and did its thing. Fingers crossed, the update does what it's suppose to do; I really don't look forward to fighting with Samsung to get my $$ back.

Thanks agian!! Joe

userbYKE44bu0i
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nice! I'm glad it worked out. I kept thinking about what could've been happening. I guess we'll all find out together if this update works.

0 Likes
userQkicrpttIR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Does anyone have a 2018 QLED and getting a popping issue on that?

I only seem to notice it in HDR. For example, launching BBC iPlayer and going to settings to play the BBC UHD test footage in HLG, I can count it down almost exactly - every 10-12 seconds there is an audible pop. This footage is football. Also, when the World Cup matches are live and in HLG, it happens then just like in the test footage. I only mention the BBC UHD test footage in case someone else cares to try.

On other HDR content, such as games and Netflix, the pops are spaced out a bit more.

I have the latest firmware available directly from the TV - 1103.

0 Likes
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userQkicrpttIR

Please provide me with your complete model code.

0 Likes