Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 08-15-2018 10:03 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userZcD3dg54Yw: There is an updated firmware version for your unit. Please visit the link below for more details. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-uhd-smart-tv-mu9000

0 Likes
userZcD3dg54Yw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Downloaded FW 1230 and updated my UN65MU9000 this afternoon.

Too early to claim any victory yet, but no popping on limited TV so far.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Let us know if you continue to experience the popping. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVMy9Yo8S32
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still popping after the update. Just happened about 4 times in the past hour. This is getting old. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@ userVMy9Yo8S32 Can you send a Private Message with the full model and serial numbers of the television with the updatedhttps://bit.ly/2mQxylV version that you are currently at? 

0 Likes
usersF1mhbsCGq
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've had my tv for a couple of months (UN55MU9000), and the popping has gotten worse.  It pops more so now and the volume changes.  Sometimes it will 'pop' several times one after the other, and the volume lowers for each 'pop'.  I would appreciate a response from a moderator concerning what my steps for fixing this problem would be.  I've seen several fixes, from updating software to changing cables, but would appreciate an official response in order to not damage my tv set because I did the wrong thing.

Your response is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usersF1mhbsCGq What is the current software version? Are there external speakers connected to the television? Does it happen on all sources?

0 Likes
userTZdRAirMKv
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've done the automatic update, and the current version is 1221.  The software version is T-KTMAKUC-1221.0, BT-S.

I have a soundbar, but I don't use it because the popping sound comes thru as well.  The popping doesn't happen on all sources, nor does it happen all the time.  I've been trying to figure out if it comes after having the tv on for some time, or certain volume strength, but it's just random.

Anything else, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userTZdRAirMKv

Please provide me with your complete model code and I will be glad to look into this matter for you as I completely understand how frustrating that must be.

0 Likes
userTZdRAirMKv
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model Code:  UN55MU9000

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1221.0, BT-S

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes