Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 08-19-2018 06:30 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
userZcD3dg54Yw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well, 10 days now and no pops or volume drops.

Has anyone else seen success with FW 1230 update?

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't want to jinx it, but I've gone a whole week, almost 10 days since the last popping/crackling sounds were heard from my TV. I'd like to say that 1230 was a success but the eternal pessimist in me is leary to use the word success; at least at this point. We'll see what the next week or 2 brings. Fingers crossed....

0 Likes
usercdYekQovqX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’ve got a Q7FN with the same problem but I’m in the uk and update revision 1230 isn’t out over here so for me the pops and clicks continue.

is there any chance somebody from Samsung could get a uk version of this update out to us so we can have a fix for this problem too.

ive tried using 1230 from the download site but when I stick the USB key into my tv it doesn’t see the update.

HELP!!!!!

0 Likes
usercdYekQovqX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Sorry that’s meant to say a Q7F not FN but for some reason spell check decided to change it. Ha
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Regrettably, support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

0 Likes
userXooW7qK33Z
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UA55JU7000KXXT is giving very low and muffled audio output. When I increase volume from TV or D2H set-top box,  the crackling starts. I tried two HDMI cables,  AV in source, alk sound settings on TV, but TV speakers audio is still very low. Current Software version on TV is 1530. No updates available on support website. Please help. 

0 Likes
userQdnkBTWy24
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV did that for 3 weeks, I started to go buy a new one thinking the TV was going bad. But my gut told me to try something first, so I did. I took all the cables from the TV and the direct TV box loose and reapplied it just like it was the first time. It fixed the issued just like the TV was new. I hope this helps somebody. Have a great day. This old Army Vet Girl isn't as dum as I thought I was. If you have nobody else you have to learn to do man things on your own. But remember all the cables no just the TV but all from everything you use just like the first time you were appyling cables to the boxes and TV.

0 Likes
userSbuOmkemJN
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This "solution" did not address this same issue on my Samsung MU6300 Series 55 inch TV.

0 Likes
Preed
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a NU8000 55 inch that tic's behind the panel. It is not the speakers and I have the latest firmware. This tv is only 3 weeks old and this is my second one that has done this after exchanging my original for the same problem.  The snapping goes on for 10 to 20 minutes intermittently until it stops after turning it on for the first time in the day . I'm inclined to think that it is thermal expansion, but the sound is louder than expected. Is this a defect in a capacitor?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung televisions use a combination of metal and plastic material. These materials are subject to expansion and contraction due to temperature changes. With expansion or contraction occasional creaking, popping, or cracking may be heard. These noises are completely harmless and will not affect the TV's operation or damage the unit. If you feel like the TV's popping noise is too loud; we would be happy to look into it for you. Please send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes