Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 12-26-2018 08:03 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for that bit of clarification.  If it's popping after the television is powered off, that's normal.  The television will contract and expand from the heat.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No, it also consistently comes during the tv is playing. I think I can live with when it’s turned off. But not when it is on. It is the same popping sound that everyone else here is talking about. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We understand, we show that update version 1202.3  should be available for the TV. Can you try updating using a USB and this link and let us know if this changes the symptom at all?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFBvegjVACJ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for the update.  I can confirm i have found an alternative fix for my sony ht-z9 soundbar.  i select it as the source and press tv button on sony remote.  for some reason this allows for external processing of tv sound.  no popping at all.  i have also installed new firmware and have noticed no popping as of yet, but that could be because of the workaround i am currently using.  will follow-up if popping occurs with new firmware.

0 Likes
usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, but the update says it’s for Q9FN not for the model

i listed. Can you clarify?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The update would be compatible. 

0 Likes
usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The latest update didn’t fix it. I can clearly hear the popping sound as usual. This is getting on my nerves and itching me to return the TV. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear this. I would be happy to set the unit up for service. If you would like to continue, please drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the serial number of the television? 

0 Likes
usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No, I do not want to perform a surgery on my brand new tv. Please have the tv replaced or I have one more week before I take this junk back to Costco.

0 Likes
user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello all

I also have this issue with my Q6FN.  They replaced my first TV but second do the same clicking noise.

I tried many many things to find the reasons but at the moment i still hear the noise.  

Firmware is the latest ( end of December ) , no cables attached, new power cord ,  local diming set to low,  brightness set to low, no hdmi cables, 5v common card inserted. 

I don't know what is the next step, I have to askf for 3rd replacement ?

See the videos

First TV 

https://youtu.be/4TBAgUeKru4

Second TV ( replacement )

https://youtu.be/r90-viGChD0

0 Likes