cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sound pops while watching tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We understand, we show that update version 1202.3  should be available for the TV. Can you try updating using a USB and this link and let us know if this changes the symptom at all?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFBvegjVACJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the update.  I can confirm i have found an alternative fix for my sony ht-z9 soundbar.  i select it as the source and press tv button on sony remote.  for some reason this allows for external processing of tv sound.  no popping at all.  i have also installed new firmware and have noticed no popping as of yet, but that could be because of the workaround i am currently using.  will follow-up if popping occurs with new firmware.

usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, but the update says it’s for Q9FN not for the model

i listed. Can you clarify?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The update would be compatible. 

usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The latest update didn’t fix it. I can clearly hear the popping sound as usual. This is getting on my nerves and itching me to return the TV. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. I would be happy to set the unit up for service. If you would like to continue, please drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the serial number of the television? 

usergObQG5UOR5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I do not want to perform a surgery on my brand new tv. Please have the tv replaced or I have one more week before I take this junk back to Costco.

Highlighted
user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all

I also have this issue with my Q6FN.  They replaced my first TV but second do the same clicking noise.

I tried many many things to find the reasons but at the moment i still hear the noise.  

Firmware is the latest ( end of December ) , no cables attached, new power cord ,  local diming set to low,  brightness set to low, no hdmi cables, 5v common card inserted. 

I don't know what is the next step, I have to askf for 3rd replacement ?

See the videos

First TV 

https://youtu.be/4TBAgUeKru4

Second TV ( replacement )

https://youtu.be/r90-viGChD0

Samsung 65 q6fn 2018 clicking noise #2
Samsung 65 q6fn 2018 clicking noise #1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user3Up0Xz8QAQ I would be happy to investigate further. Was this exchanged by the retailer or through Samsung directly? 

user3Up0Xz8QAQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungHeath wrote:

@ user3Up0Xz8QAQ I would be happy to investigate further. Was this exchanged by the retailer or through Samsung directly? 

The first time they took the TV for repair to change the motherboard. I received the. TV 20 days later but the issue exist!

I requested new TV this time and retailer accepted my request within Samsung permission.( local dealer ) ( as I know ).

The second TV also do issues Smiley Sad