Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
DagonR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I too am having this problem.  The source audio is a Spectrum Cable Arris DCX3600-M cable box connected via HDMI to the One Connect box.  The One Connect box is then connected via optical cable to a Panasonic sound system.  The Panasonic system was used for years prior to this TV and never had this issue, so I know that is not the cause.

0 Likes
FarmerBob
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@DagonRwrote:

I too am having this problem.  The model is a Samsung UN65MU800D 65" connected via optical cable to a Panasonic sound system.  The Panasonic system was used for years prior to this TV and never had this issue, so I know that is not the cause.

You want to start by setting your TV to Bitstream and see what options it then gives you based on what it sees your AVR can do. Mine changes when I change between Bitstream and PCM (Pulse Code Modulation).

0 Likes
DagonR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@FarmerBobwrote:

@DagonRwrote:

I too am having this problem.  The model is a Samsung UN65MU800D 65" connected via optical cable to a Panasonic sound system.  The Panasonic system was used for years prior to this TV and never had this issue, so I know that is not the cause.

You want to start by setting your TV to Bitstream and see what options it then gives you based on what it sees your AVR can do. Mine changes when I change between Bitstream and PCM (Pulse Code Modulation).

Thanks @FarmerBob  Our TV had the HDMI Input Audio Format already set to Bitstream.  The Digital Output for Audio Format was set to Dolby Digital.  I changed the Digital Output for Audio Format to PCM.  We will see if that makes a difference.  

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also still having this issue with my 55 inch Q7F Samsung TV with Vizio Sound bar 4251. On my sound Expert  settings with TV I'm using HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream and Digital Output Audio Format: Dolby Digital. If change the Digital Output to PCM I receive surround sound in all speakers even if the cable channel not in 5.1 Another words I'm hearing the same thing coming out of Sound bar and also hearing it in my 2 small surround speakers which doesn't seems right.

0 Likes
userQj3jhzz7NX
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought an MU8000 65” for 2017 Black Friday sale and now experience this random popping issue as well as cloudy pixelated black/dark scenes. Is anyone at Samsung going to acknowledge these inquiries and suggest a solution? (That doesn’t just involve suggesting general troubleshooting that we’ve already tried out)

I find the lack of customer service and accountability extremely aggravating, especially considering how much money we have all spent on these products. If these problems continue to persist without Samsung taking responsibility and/or coming out with permanent solutions, I will be utilizing the 1-year warranty and buying a TV from a different company.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, userQj3jhzz7NX. Please send us a private message with the model and serial of the television. We'd be happy to look into this for you. 

0 Likes
user5Kljc9NPnU
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55 inch QN55Q7FAM has been making popping/crackling noises as well. This is very annoying and alarming considering the very high cost of the TV. Please provide assistance to correct this.

Thanks

0 Likes
userhi2BT64nh2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Curious to know if the audio issue you guys are having is similar to mine? https://youtu.be/NTD55ZiUuWM

Thank you.

0 Likes
alstrud
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m having the exact same issue...random popping noises with a slight reduction in volume.  Seems to happen when watching shows off the PVR mostly.  Sometimes you don’t hear it for days, but this morning, it’s been happening every couple of minutes.  The TV is 70” curved LED bought on Black Friday, so it’s only 4 months old.  Any ideas on what to try would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
userZcD3dg54Yw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have also been having this random popping noise, then volume drops.

Model UN65MU9000.

Current software version is 1210

What would you suggest we do next?

File a warranty claim?

Thanks, 

John

0 Likes