Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good news I hope Thanks 

0 Likes
userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was sent a pre-release firmware update to fix the popping bitstream audio bug: after 1 week NO popping !

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you tell us your current firmware so we know what version to look out for? Still says 1210.8 for QN55Q7FAMFXZA currently on Samsung website.

0 Likes
userJazNvIYzml
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My friend and I have the same Samsung HDTCV Curve with Sound bar. the same is happening to us.

Please tell us what firmware will fix the issue.

0 Likes
userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Apparently sometime in June a new firmware update will be released with the popping issue included pending the outcome of users testing the beta update.

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry to hear that you have this popping noise.  I have provided you with a link for this issue.  Feel free to reach back out if you still need assistance.

0 Likes
Roylund
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My set is wall mounted. Any specific guidance for this configuration? Model UN75MU800D software 1210.8

0 Likes
hillsmi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a hardware / software issue, and how the set is mounted should have no impact on this issue, which seems to be a firmware issue.

I have posted that I solved my 'popping' by upgrading my HDMI cable, but many do not seem to take it to heart, and are continuing to pound Samsung for something more.

Have a nice weekend.

Roylund
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was this cable used between the back of the set and smartconnect hub as well as between the hub and peripherals?

0 Likes
hillsmi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I upgraded the HDMI between my DVR and the OneConnect / Smart hub.  The hub has a specialized single cable between the hub and the unit.