Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
userZcD3dg54Yw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am using a 4K Premium HDMI cable from Monoprice and having this popping and volume drop issue.

Maybe my cable is faulty? Try another one?

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I replaced the HDMI twice with "top of the line" cables, and the Cable company also put one of their cables on and it made no difference; save your money, it's the TV or a component in the TV.

0 Likes
useraZetu1BpT3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

every so offten my speakers on my new samsung smart 4k tv are poping and spiting and crackleing it has happened about 7 times sence I got it and it sound like the speakers are broken but, only happens every so often like twice a month modle un40mu7000f anyone have a clue as to why this happens??

0 Likes
userQkicrpttIR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
@usereL8eRGE0BF Good spot on the new fw update. It doesn't appear to be available for the KS, but if it fixes this annoying g popping issue then like the HDR Game mode fix, it shoud be made available.

In the meantime I'll be keeping an eye here to see whether people report that their Q7+ range TV's have had this popping resolved or not with this latest update.
0 Likes
userwxF4UlDWQY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
49Q6FSE
Firmware 1210
One day old on FireTV 4K and I am here looking for answers
I’ve change to PCM audio and waiting to see if it fixes the random pop / crackling sound.
0 Likes
userw24iQ7uX6r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Solution  (if Samsung does nothing) is sell the tv on Craigs list for $250 and buy a TCL  for an extra $350 and be done with Samsung. 

0 Likes
userjmxCmhgR8C
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yep, swapped out my 42" LG 4k for a 55" Samsung u8000. The popping started with the Samsung, didn't do it with the LG. I am using an optical cable for the surround sound. Seems to do it only with the cablevision. Have not noticed it with any other inputs. It's quite annoying considering i now have to turn off the surround sound to watch cable. 

0 Likes
userUTx0gSfvkT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m having this problem also, I purchased an 8 series 65” tv and about a week in started to hear the popping crackling sound. I called support but the guy was giving me an excuse of the speaker is hitting the frame but the sound was still happening even when the tv was paused. I really wish they would come up with an answer for this.

0 Likes
userb9SAM83kDD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

having this same issue, really not good, Has anyone had this problem fixed (besides getting another brand) 

Purchased mine 2 weeks ago 55" curved model

0 Likes
userXZCJ4L6xKv
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It doesn't seem like it.. Of course Samsung suport says that this forum is not offical so therefore topics discussed here can not be considered an indication of problem affecting multiple customers. 

0 Likes