Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It's been over a month since you reported the settings change. Has it made a difference ?
0 Likes
userNiCxgi3bUu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same exact issue. As everyone said, it's random most of the time and on some occasions, it happens every few minutes. Popping noise seems to be coming from the left speaker (facing the TV) but I am not too sure. 

One month old MU6300 55"

Software Version: 1210 

0 Likes
userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the identical LEFT speaker only POP. Samsung is "working on it".
0 Likes
userw24iQ7uX6r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i have the same issue. ...only when tv is in "bitstream" and "dolby digital". if i switch to DTS thbe pop disappears. only tv that has had this problem and this is the 5th tv for this Sony receiver so...

0 Likes
useroGV2KyFWos
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My tv pops even when its been off over night it pops when it wants what is it?

0 Likes
usereT3bofV2Fn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the same issue with my QN55Q7FN. Any soloutions
0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usereT3bofV2Fn It's from the television expanding and contracting due to the heat.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroGV2KyFWos
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My tv pops even when its been off over night it pops when it wants what is it?

@userOdlGBSH4ck wrote:

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

0 Likes
usersSEYgzqDSN
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try unplugging and then plugging your HDMI cord back in. 

0 Likes
userJzc1qFeNOX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a un65nu8000 I splurged on a bit less than a year ago and it is popping through the external speakers sometimes  and it really is startling. No it is not clicking heating plastic.

As of Nov 22 there is no firmware update on the tv that it found. It is going to a AV receiver via optical. I tried 3 different optical cables and it did't help. I tried an old tv and there was no popping so it is not the receiver.

We have stopped watching tv on it as it is a loud pop. It just sits there. Any suggestions?

0 Likes