Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model Code #: UN55MU6290FXZA

0 Likes
userQkicrpttIR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@SamsungCat wrote:

@userQkicrpttIR

Please provide me with your complete model code.

I'm trying not worry about it. It seems to happen in HDR only, meaning the backlight is maxed, combined with the extremely hot weather, I am leaning towards this combination being the cause.

2018 Q7FN.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model Code #: UN55MU6290FXZA

Heard the "popping" sound again this morning, was watching a HD channel.

What you're saying makes sense, but sad to say, the sound is still happening which means the new version update isn't working, which means to me that there is a defect with the TV or one of its components.

Next step? Back to Samsung customer service; not looking forward to that interaction.

Thanks, Joe

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure what software version your tv is on my popping sound was solved with firmware version 1230 with 2017 QLED. 

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Version 1230

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hopefully a Samsung engineer will read your post and contact you.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Fingers crossed....

Have a good 4th!

userOTh3N5aO76
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the un75mu6300 with the pop and lowered volume.  My version is 1210.8 and it won't update.  Says it is the current version. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

1230 is available on our website if you'd like to update over USB. You can find the site for the download here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2017-uhd-smart-tv-mu6300

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you look up your model # on the Samsung site; it'll tell you what's out there for ur set.

0 Likes