JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar as primary speaker for TV

(Topic created: 09-03-2020 07:14 PM)
userbfd3dU3cxE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I would like to add a soundbar to my Samsung UNI-55-J6200 and have the soundbar serve as the primary speaker. Also,  every time the television is turned on, I would like to have the sound sent to the soundbar automatically.  Is this doable? If so, what soundbar(s) are recommended? Thank you.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
You would turn the speakers off on TV under settings. Then hook up the sound bar via optical cable or HDMI. Thats how mine is setup as its all mounted on the wall.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
You would turn the speakers off on TV under settings. Then hook up the sound bar via optical cable or HDMI. Thats how mine is setup as its all mounted on the wall.
0 Likes
userbfd3dU3cxE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thank you. The sound bar is now set up and is serving as primary sound when the TV is turned on. My next challenge is to try to figure out how to get the cable remote to control the sound so I don't need to use the soundbar remote for that function.

0 Likes
Sammy_Frey
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Some? TVs don't enable volume via Optical output.  If you can use HDMI ARC.  If so, make sure CEC is turned on for the HDMI input from your source.    If all that is set up use the TV remote to control the volume of the Soundbar via CES/HDMI ARC.  If that works OK, then program your Cable Remote to control your TV volume control which will then control the sound bar.  I'm sure someone smarter will correct me but that's my idea.

0 Likes