JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Memory Low

(Topic created: 06-24-2021 07:34 PM)
BrentMR1995
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung tv model UN55MU6290 and I am no longer able to download new apps on the TV, it says the memory is full yet all of the memory is being taken up by apps that I cannot remove, how do I fix this problem? Thank you for any assistance

28 Replies
MarkP_214
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same exact issue. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find a fix. 

0 Likes
GeminiSage
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Although I have an older Curved TV, I'm having the same issue. Whatever the last update did, It was big enough to take up storage space. Or, maybe Samsung's way to try to get consumers to buy their newer models. I have a 55" Curved 2017 Model: UN55MU6500. I also tried some of the work arounds that were all over the internet but nothing worked.  

0 Likes
userv2pj7eYvI2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this same problem. I deleted all apps (aside from bloatware) and reset to factory settings and I went from having 0% memory to now having 4% memory... 96% is still full from apps I can't delete. I can't figure this out. Right now I have a bunch of apps I don't need (which don't even seem to be taking up space, so I don't know what is?) and I can't simultaneously have HBO Max and Disney Plus downloaded because they're both too big. 

Sfscott7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I wasn't able to add new apps due to low Memory. 

I did the following and was able to start over with adding/deleting apps, and with renewed memory availability. 

Settings> Support> Self Diagnosis> Reset Smart Hub

usergcVpIC4ddh
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also having this issue with model UN55MU6290 - there is no settings> apps > system app. Settings has the options of picture, sound, broadcasting, general, support, and terms and privacy.  There is no clear cache options when going through smart hub to apps. Please provide guidance. The costumer service line told me to buy a new memory stick. This is unacceptable given that the tv is barely 4 years old.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. In this matter, you would have to buy the USB Drive and then update your software. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTGFH1yXKet
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This company does nothing except rip off customers.  I'm starting to regret purchasing any type of Samsung product. Never again. I don't need a smart TV that bad.  I'm getting all of the TV shows and news I want with an over the air antenna. 

userxaoGDIRtM3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You have to consider this model was produced in 2017. At that time streaming like we do wasn't what it is now. So the amount of memory needed wasn't what it is now. The good news is the TV is scalable so all you have to do is get a memory stick and the problem is solved. If that wasn't an available solution you'd have to get a new TV. I too have maxed out memory and just spoke to a customer service tech at Samsung and this is the permanent solution.
I found 2 16GB memory sticks for $9 at Walmart. It's no different than adding an SD card to expand a phone's available memory.
0 Likes
userB9jSG03sQr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would assume you would put the thumb drive in one of the USB ports on the back of your TV?  But how is that going to give you extra memory.  I have AT&T U-verse and had a router go bad.  They sent me a new one and I could get any of the apps to show up.  When I called the support person she came up with unplug the TV from the back of the TV and wait 15 seconds then plug it back in.  Well I got the apps to show up minus the 4 or 5 we had downloaded and now I can't get any of the apps back because it says there is no storage space.  It has 816.18 MB of space with 7 apps loaded (that I can't delete), these 7 apps take up a 38.908 MB of space.  The e-Manual takes up 38.10 MB of space the rest don't even take up 1 MB of spaces.  Who is at fault Samsung or U-Verse? I have done everything possible to give me access to add a few apps but to no avail.  Any ideas other than get a new and different TV?