cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Surprise - Another 2016 UN55KS8000 bites the dust with vertical Blue Green lines, unusable display

I have been reading up on numerous posts of KS8000-series TVs developing non-functional panels due to green/blue vertical banding making the panel unusable. And unfortunately I've found these posts because the same thing happened to our TV a couple weeks ago. With or without input all you can see are vertical bands of color.

DSC09624.JPG

The patern (without any inputs) is identical to those in these posts (edit, website flipped the photo over, so top is bottom...will have to try a reupload later):

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Green-and-Blue-lines-down-KS8000-TV/m-p/1409771

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Re-KS8000-Vertical-Lines-in-all-inputs/m-p/1... (***Reference the second photo by "Prince Kaushal" (@user1y6DBWZJKy)***)

Ours is a 55 inch version, Model UN55KS8000FXZA, but I believe all the KS8000s have the same panel driver, which I'm coming to learn has...issues. TV purchased around Christmas 2016. No significant issues to this point except for an occasional and infrequent power cycle where the TV just shut itself off, uncommanded. Perhaps no more than 3 or 4 times that I know of in ~4 years, so it wasn't enough to warrant calling someone...I thought...

But, considering what's now happened with the vertical banding/failed panel circutry, and the apparent prevalence of the issue, I'd say the TV is sub-par, to put it lightly. Nothing should die like this if made well. I already sent a message to the mods - will see what comes of it, but should go without saying, this is a huge issue...

3 REPLIES 3
Asteroid

Re: Surprise - Another 2016 UN55KS8000 bites the dust with vertical Blue Green lines, unusable displ

Most likely nothing, thye will offer to buy back the TV for $300 and haul it away.

There top end TV's are complete garbage.

Asteroid

Re: Surprise - Another 2016 UN55KS8000 bites the dust with vertical Blue Green lines, unusable displ

Yeah, been reading the various forum posts, and it seems Samsung is ... inconsistent in how they are choosing to handle this. I'll see what the initial response is, but definitely already concerned and skeptical about the process and outcome. Just annoying this is even a widespread issue to begin with. It's a nice looking TV, but no reason there should be this many failures of the same type after only 4 years. I expect to be seeing more posts in the coming weeks...

Constellation

Mine had this happen last year in november, thought I had a solution but here I am back on the forums trying to get it fixed!