cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deneteus
Constellation

TV Blacks Out When Casting Video via Google Chrome to Youtube | Samsung UN75JU6500

Model: UN75JU6500 Firmware: T-HKMAKUC-1540.3 App: Youtube Just recently I am having an issue where casting video from Laptop via Google Chrome using Youtube to the TV causes the TV to play the casted audio but no video and the screen turns off. The power light is still off when the audio is playing but I get no video. If I am in the Youtube app on the TV playing video it works fine. If I stream using the Samsung App from the desktop that works. I can use Plex with no issues. I tried upgrading the software. Upgrading the firmware. Any other ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Blacks Out When Casting Video via Google Chrome to Youtube | Samsung UN75JU6500

Are you receiving the same error when you try to cast from another device, like a cell phone? 

Deneteus
Constellation

Re: TV Blacks Out When Casting Video via Google Chrome to Youtube | Samsung UN75JU6500

There is no error and it will happen even if I switch to a desktop PC on the same physical network.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen on the apps through the smart hub without casting? 

Deneteus
Constellation

No, I can use the apps like normal with no problem. Netflix, Youtube, PLEX w work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What software is the television currently running? 

Deneteus
Constellation

You mean the firmware?  Firmware: T-HKMAKUC-1540.3

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies, you did mention that in your original post. Did casting from the Chrome Browser work before or has it always had this symptom? Are you just casting over network or are you using a third party extension through the browser?

Deneteus
Constellation

1. Casting worked before specifically from Chrome. This was never a symptom before and my casting works to other TVs. 
2. I am just casting over the network. Ethernet goes to all my TVs.
3. No third part extensions are needed. I can stream to the TV with Windows 10 and it doesn't happen. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are both devices connected to the same network 2.4gHz or 5.0gHz?