JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 07:34 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

82 Replies
elconquistador
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I too am a long time Samsung fan/customer but this problem seems to be pervasive and persisitent.  I own a UNKS8000F experiencing the wifi connection problem. Ive tried to cold boot, softwre update via USB (tv is set on auto update) and resetting the router. Ive had the TV for more than a year with router in the  same postion in which it has always been and fucntioned normally unitl  two days ago. All other wifi connected devices function normally to include the wifi connected computer from which I am penning this complaint.  None of the proposed solutions have worked.I get error code 102 ansd WAS0003

Whats the next step?    

UPDATE: after having spent several hours trying on-line community solutions and two different service techs, no change. In fact, its worse. Before i had cable TV, now I dont.  one of the techs told me to reset to factory BEFORE fixing the internet connection issue. now, i dont have anything.  

UPDATE #2: TV was not under warranty. Samsung sent to USSI for out of warranty repair. They're too far from me for service; they're metro based. btw they charge a flat fee of $190ish. the ussi person  said its problem with the WIFI adapter/module. they're inexpensive; ill try to replace it myself.

Samsung told me to pound sand. They said there's nothing they can do evne though tech told me to reeset to factory. disappointing; ive been a samsung customer  for years.

0 Likes
dirpubsaf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Cold boot nor anything else has worked. Although I did find a plausible work around.

See my post below,

SOLVED!  WIFI CONNECTABLITY AND TURNING ON AND OFF

I had a Comcast / Xfinity (ISP) technician come out today because all 5 of my Samsung TV’s had stopped connecting to the internet and were suddenly turning off and on.

After hours of work and replacing ALL of the boxes and modem, we were unable to get connection or stop the turning off and on.

It just so happened that I had a Netgear EX700 wifi extender available.  Wanting to test another piece of equipment I plugged it in and was able to immediately to immediately connect to the wifi.  Then just out of curiosity I wirelessly connected the Samsung TV’s to the extender. Voila they connected to the internet and the TV”s stopped turning off and on!

After the technician did some further testing he was able to figure out that Samsung’s wifi connections were not compatible with recent Comcast / Xfinity (ISP) upgrades to their system. And that the TV turning off and on was the TV’s system being overloaded by trying to connect and simply reboots.

So it’s very likely that your ISP has done some type of upgrade or reconfiguration that is causing your issues.

Unfortunately for me, I swore off Samsung devices after months of dealing with this issue and I ended up giving away my new Samsung 65” TV to my Aunt and bought a new LG 65” OLED at considerable cost to myself.

Unfortunately, the tech nor I are able to determine if the Samsung issue is a software / firmware or hardware issue.

Samsung if you listening, you had better get this figured if you want to stop the troves of customers fleeing your brand!

As for me, I am done with all of Samsung until they get their products fixed.  Besides, so far I am very pleased with my new LG television!

* For reference, one of my televisions (the oldest) is a UN48H6350 and I had all of the TV’s upgraded to current firmware.

userrMKXnHxwnD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

Hey everyone, a fix has been issued. To resolve the issue and get the TV to reconnect , you will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds). Or you can unplug and plug the TV back in. This is the "temporary" fix,  updates and fixes are set to go out sometime soon that will address this issue permanently but the issue should not occur again after the cold boot.

It's now seven months later and this issue is still happening - when are the updates coming out that will address this issue permanently?

There is also a fix to the ARC issues with Sony Home Theater devices.  Will that also be coming out soon?

0 Likes
userF6h5FpPcW2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The issue i have is the TV is flooding the network with TCP-SYN requests, and as a result my router software treats this as a denial of service attack and blocks the TV from sending traffic on the LAN and Internet. Cannot update the TV because it is blocked from getting updates. Appears to be bad software in the 1280 version running on model UN40MU6290F - out of warranty... disconnected from network with assumption the TV has been security comprimised and is a risk to other members on the LAN. 

0 Likes
userF6h5FpPcW2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Seems resolved by Resetting Smart Hub, removing router block for the DoS violation. After resetting Smart Hub, only have a few apps. Turned off automatic updates, tried manual update, failed saying no internet, meanwhile I can stream my Amazon movies again so there is internet. Router/Firewall reports good behavior. I suspect one of the apps that was installed as part of updates may be what is causing the unrulely network traffic that resembles or IS a DoS TCP/SYN flood.

0 Likes
userF6h5FpPcW2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Resolution only lasted one week. Despite automatic updates turned off, new apps appeared. Four days after assumed it was fixed, it once again began making and breaking network connections, classified as TCP/SYN attacks and resulted in my router firewall locking it down and blocking internet/LAN access. Checking cables but have done that before and all was fine.  Maybe the LAN interface on this unit is going flakey, but if I turned off AUTOMATIC UPDATES, how come I got NEW APPS INSTALLED???

0 Likes
user553hnzwg0B
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN43RU7100FXZA TV will not stay connected to internet I have to unplug it to get it to reset everytime. Is there a solution other then unplugging it from power sorce "everytime"?

Samsung_Xsq4d8C
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I experience something like that as well. But what i do is a long press on the power button and that restart the tv.. so all u do is reconnect your tv to the internet without resetting the tv. Just the network connection.

0 Likes
Samsung_RvXgVYO
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I found connecting a ethernet cable fixed this issue. Connected the ethernet cable to my TV and at&t box and the issue was gone.

0 Likes
useryAhRhkOpQD
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for a while for me; about three months and then the TV continued to lose internet (and it's connected by ethernet cable, NOT wi-fi). The power button reset does not work for me. I have to get on the floor, reach behind the TV, unplug the power cable, count to about 20, and plug it back in. Last Samsung TV I'm buying. The only simple resolution for me is to run the power source next to the couch so it's not necessary to crawl around on the floor every time. Tongue in cheek, of course.

0 Likes