cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSqfwmWPmTG
Constellation

Re: TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have two Samsung TVs, both lose their Internet connection almost every time we turn them on. Holding down the power button as described works for one TV, but the other will not turn back on as I continue holding the power button. The only way I can get this TV to connect is by unplugging our router, then plugging it back in.  None of her other household devices have a problem, they are always connected without fail. What is going on with Samsung?

It is model number UN55H6300AF. The software is up-to-date, help! It is driving us crazy not being able to just turn on the TV and watch!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSqfwmWPmTG What is the current software version?

Have you tried a different router?

userSqfwmWPmTG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Software version is 2210.

We only have one router, so no, we haven’t tried a new one. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSqfwmWPmTG There is a newer software version available, you can find it here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.

Download the file from the link above

Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.

Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section. 

userSqfwmWPmTG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I will try it and let you know. I really appreciate your help.

However, this raises another question:  Why should I have to go through a cumbersome process like this? Why can’t Samsung make this software available to download directly to my smart TV? Seems like planned obsolescence… If I hadn't bothered to take the time to find this online community, I would have become increasingly frustrated, and to be honest would probably not have considered purchasing another Samsung TV in the future.

I can’t imagine a technology-challenged person even knowing where to start.  Food for thought for Samsung.

user4ejUNXo6Ky
Astronaut

TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I get that this is a way to get around the problem but it really isn't a solution. it seems like the issue the software's coding in what is running in the background when the tv is off. maybe developers can make an actual solution for this by requiring the tv to all to join the network when it wakes back up as well, not just when it restarts.
useriWpN6NQ0xT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After speaking with several customer service agents over a few days.  The last agent finally went into my TV remotely and changed a setting called instant on to instant off.  So far haven’t had a problem.  Hopefully this information can help other people.

Domani_Reid
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same problem with my tv. What has worked for me is by NOT plugging the power cord into a surge protector and instead plugging it directly into the wall.  It has been about 72 hrs and I haven't had this problem of losing wifi connection when turned off.  This has also fixed my problem of screen mirroring to my phone randomly disconnecting. I understand this is risky,  but I'm working to figure something better out.  Also, it seems my wifi on the tv is a bit faster than it was before   I'm not sure if this solution has already been posted. 

I'm no electrician,  but I would guess there's a capacitor issue on the TVs power supply. Hopefully a firmware update can fix this. 

userDBSMMRphHW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my Samsung TV a few days ago and had the same problem.  The permanent solution that worked for me was to change the router channel.  I chose automatic, the recommended setting.   I used an xfinity X1 Router and went through the Xfinity website to access the advanced settings.  My temporary solution was to reset the router.

usercZ6hpUqOBk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that you have accepted rebooting Samsung in order to reconnect your WIFI.  I was not satisfied with that and read further and found that by disabling IPv6 it is a permanent fix that does not need any further action.  Read the last few posts to see how to access that setting.