cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

71 series disconnects from internet when turned off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recognize that this is a well-described problem with a solution: hold down the power button and when the tv restarts your connection will work. That is not a solution, it’s a work-around. What can we do to actually fix this problem? Some have said that by getting into the hidden menu and changing the start options will fix the problem permanently. Can someone from Samsung address how this is done? And please don’t ask if my firmware is updated. It is. This is your problem and many people have it. Please tell us how to fix it.n

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 71 series disconnects from internet when turned off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of the television?   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN43RU7100FXZA

And I have done a factory reset. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, service would be suggested.  Would you like us to set that up for you?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Please read the other thread regarding this issue. There are multiple people with the exact same problem. 2. All of them are doing what I described. 3. I bought my set three weeks ago. 4. When I spoke to support about this, the person I spoke to said the problem required her getting control of the set, but that wasn’t physically possible at the time because I was chatting on my computer which is a long distance from the set. 5. I am currently out of town but will be back in a week and can contact support again, but if there is an easy fix, we would all appreciate the information so that we can do it ourselves, saving both you and us time on the phone. I will be glad to post a link to the thread; the “solution” is what I described: restarting and rebooting the tv. 

usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Samsung applied a fix overnight in the background, so please unplug/plug your TV power cable and reconnect back to your WiFi. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input! 

usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! On the road and can’t wait to try this fix. 

usera9UvJQLJcL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looking forward to trying this. It has always worked to unplug it but then it disconnected again when turned off. So there is no need to do a manual update?