JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 07-29-2019 01:49 PM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

82 Replies
userAfPTBtvdyy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
this is what worked for me. yay!
0 Likes
userzeCgOPqGQy
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue with my new 55 inch and 65 inch tv. When I addressed this, after two weeks one technician came and replaced its pcb and Wlan as they are coming with faulty parts. They told they can't replace the TV as samsung is that much Big company selling electronics eventhough  their is same complaint for this product by even 2 million people. And he told getting tv with faulty parts like this is only the problem of samsung customers  and samsung as a big company dont want to care about it. This was his reply when we showed this as a common complaint for these 700 series 

Hoping at least the problem with this product is solved as you know this problem now.

userlJdmOl8eYV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Why are we suppose to do? I can't ready what you did with the dns server

@userAfPTBtvdyy wrote:
this is what worked for me. yay!
0 Likes
userlJdmOl8eYV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What**

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks! Are you located in the US?

0 Likes
userJaetxoPW40
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Losing my mind here!!! 2 weeks ago I purchased a UN55RU7100FXZA 55 inch TV. Amazing picture, so much you can do with it BUT it will randomly shut of the wifi from the TV when the TV is turned off. I have to cycle the TV on and off until it says Samsung Smart TV instead of the white line with the screen opening. Then I know the wifi is working. All my settings are correct, router is fine, firmware is up to date. Again, it's not the connection from the router to the internet, it's the TV wifi not turning on.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

To resolve the issue and to get the TV to reconnect, you will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds). 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzeCgOPqGQy
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue with my new 55 inch and 65 inch tv. When I addressed this, after two weeks one technician came and replaced its pcb and Wlan as they are coming with faulty parts. They told they can't replace the TV as samsung is that much Big company selling electronics eventhough  their is same complaint for this product by even 2 million people. And he told getting tv with faulty parts like this is only the problem of samsung customers  and samsung as a big company dont want to care about it. This was his reply when we showed this as a common complaint for these 700 series 

Hoping at least the problem with this product is solved as you know this problem now.

0 Likes
eggVTdad
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have read almost every entry regarding this known issue, and after owning nothing but Samsung TV's I have to say I am terribly dissappointed.  I bought this TV two weeks ago.  All worked well.  Recycled the box, then poof, the same issue everyone has been having.

IS THIS NOT A FIRMWARE ISSUE THAT CAN BE FIXED????

Theree is obviously a bug.  I have done every test noted in previous posts, CHECKED UP DATE, CHECKED ROUTER CHANNELS, ETC, even ordered a new router that is 12" away from TV, tried both 2.4 a 5 conncetions.  It all works great, then later in the day, or the week, time is crazy random, the wife drops out.

HAS ANYONE TRIED HARDWIRING AS A WORK AROUND?

I truly hope Samsung fixes this bug, as I am stuck with $700 non-smart TV unless I reset the TV as well as my router every time I want to watch NetFLix, Amazon, etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

useryTZmzp8ZFa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, we have recently bought a new Samsung 55' curved 7 series. After set up the wifi seems to work for the first day but after that it will not even recognize that there is a wifi source to even connect to. After factory resetting it it shows that it can connect to my wifi again but it repeats this every day. The software is fully update and the wifi router is only a few months old now. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

0 Likes