JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 08-01-2019 08:34 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

82 Replies
uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue.  I have a UN65MU630DF.

Running 30 feet of internet cable from my box to my TV may allow me to watch Netflicks in a pinch but it is not the solution to this problem.  Samsung you have a problem with your TVs connecting to the internet wirelessly.  Please provide a solution to this issue.

userzwfIBgsbB9
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a MODEL : UN50RU7200FXZA 50 inch UHD SMART TV Series 7 (Manufactured June, 2019)

that has the same problem.  This board is also littered with people with Series 7 TVs (and even some earlier) that have the same internet connection issue.  I have a very good internet connection and wireless connections throughout my home and even a Wi-Fi extender plugged into an outlet right next to the TV.  The Samsung TV initially will accept the Wi-Fi connection, but every night  (or even after a few hours of having the TV power off) it will lose the connection and it will not automatically or manually reconnect, even when connected by  Wi-Fi to the wireless extender in the same room!

It needs to be reset by either: Unplugging the TV and then replugging it in, or by  Pressing the POWER button on the TV Remote until the SAMSUNG logo appears on the TV (about 3-5 seconds) .  The wireless connections magically reappear after doing one of those two fixes, but there is obviously some sort of glitch either in the TV software (I have updated to the latest version) or a problem with the TV sets wireless internally.

A third solution, (but it is not really a "fix" as the TV should be able to stay connected wirelessly) as mentioned I have a plug-in Wi-Fi extender that has an ethernet port.  If I run a CAT 7 (ethernet) cable from the ethernet port on the back of the TV to the extender, it STAYS connected even after powering down the TV and turning it on later.  You could also run a cable directly from your router, but that is not convenient for everyone, and SAMSUNG, the Wireless connection should stay connected!  

Samsung needs to address and FIX this issue with their TVs!

uservV5gLqFIJk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Worked fine for a few months but now when I switch my series 7 55” tv off and back on it work reconnect to the WiFi or even recognise the WiFi. . Current workaround is to use the WPS button and reestablish a connection every time I switch the TV on. Any thoughts? Thanks. 

0 Likes
userfvjGGnAJie
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In the past few weeks, when turning on Samsung TV, I have been getting a connection error.

Model is UN50RU7100FXZA Smart TV. It seems to have began after the 1303 software update.

There seems to be no rush on Samsung's end to resolve this issue quickly.

For the first 3 months after getting this TV, I recommended Samsung Smart TVs to everyone.  Now I won't mention this brand because its insane to unplug/plug TV in every day just to watch TV.

Samsung won't dominate Consumer market for long by making unreliable products.  

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can I have your serial number via private message?

0 Likes
usernT0wQ9OZTs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same exact issue all of a sudden.  Un50ru7100fxza. & 1303. We cut the cable/have only internet to stream so this TV turned itself into a giant paperweight. Ready to pull my hair out and just return it.

No ryhme or reason, seems WiFi disconnects when tv is turned off and won’t reconnect or even see our network unless you reset tv.

userfDJxlbgMgw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I could not agree with you more.  My Smart TV is 5 years old.  Worked without a glitch until late June.  My unit is wall mounted now, so when they say I'm supposed to unplug and plug, it is a major undertaking of moved furniture and step stools.  The Chat group is useless.  The Phone pros aren't much better.  Everybody wants me to get a technician to come to the house -- and do what?  They know this is a software and not machinery issue but won't say so.  I like this TV for sound and picture, and I like it for streaming.  Samsung needs to fix this, or I'm moving on.  Recommendations for friends?  Not with support this way.

userY9VbNgcxMC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

I have a problem with WiFi connection. If I want get wireless connection I must unplug from the outlet and plug it back.

Model: UN49NU8000FXZA

All my devices IPad, IPhone, Google display  never  had problem with wireless connection .

Thank You.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What is the current software version on the television? You can find this by going to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung.

Does it connect and then drop off?

0 Likes
userY9VbNgcxMC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The current version is 1260.

WiFi disconnect s only when turn off my tv and later turn it on.

thanks

0 Likes