cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation

TV Can't Connect to Internet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Can't Connect to Internet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, a fix has been issued. To resolve the issue and get the TV to reconnect , you will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds). Or you can unplug and plug the TV back in. This is the "temporary" fix,  updates and fixes are set to go out sometime soon that will address this issue permanently but the issue should not occur again after the cold boot.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

213 REPLIES 213
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I have the firmware version the TV is running?  Have you tried power resetting the TV by unplugging it and plugging it back up after a few minutes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I unplugged the TV for a few minutes and it connected when I plugged it back in. Thank you! 

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  I have a UN65MU630DF.

It is not a service provider issue or a router issue.  It is clearly something within the TV or the software.  Samsung please provide a fix...

Samsung_zUWIyqG
Astronaut

If you go in to the network settings and change the DNS s...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you go in to the network settings and change the DNS server settings and manually enter 8.8.8.8 generally fixes it

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid

Re: If you go in to the network settings and change the DNS s...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply.  My TV will not let me into Network Settings to change the DNS server settings.  It keeps flipping me back to the wireless or wired connection screen.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software version of the television? Have you performed the Network Test and then tried changing the DNS settings?

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV is currently running version 1270.  It says this is the latest version and there are no new updates.  I have run a Network Test and it still does not allow me to change the DNS settings.

userDl2TkmkucJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I changed mine to 8888 and it didn't help anything.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Are you located in the US?