Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user2ROXDSFzcv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung, and they did a remote session with the TV, and made a chage via some command line manual codes.  Esentially he explined that what they did was make a minor engineering change to "turn off" the instant on settings.  So far so good, hope it is a permanent fix, but they were very helpful and very efficient.  Good job Samsung!

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, just checking to see if the troubleshooting link helped. 

userXmXMg1R8EA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That troubleshooting link is not useful. It may be useful when you cannot get an initial connection, but the problem we are all having is that when you turn off the TV, it will loose its connection to the WiFi unless you reboot the TV by holding down the power button. Clearly the problem is with the TV because none of my other devices on my network have this problem. Why won't Samsung address this obviously known problem?

My TV is a UN49MU6290, Software version 1210.

userJOIPeXhB4u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem on my new QLED. It just started doing this a couple days ago and the TV is only two weeks old. Have to reconnect internet when turning on and sometimes drops internet while watching Netflix.
Need a solution already.
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a new firmware update released today. Try updating to the new firmware, if the issue still occurs after updating then I would recommend having a service tech come to take a look at the unit. 

lucasalvarez
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everybody, a couple of days ago I bought a UN50MU6100GCDF.

I noticed that it's experiencing the same issue, which seems to be kind of random. Sometimes I turn the TV on and it takes a while to connect to the internet (5 seconds approximately). I'm pretty sure this behavior is the expected.

However, there're some cases where  the connection fails and I have to connect it back again. This causes Youtube to sign me off and it's kind of annoying.

Is there a solution for this? I live in Argentina and tried checking for updates, but it tells me that I have the last version released, which is 1210.

Thank you everybody!:

CaBrA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with 55um6100 looses wifi when off for a while. When I turn on tv inhaeI to go trhouth troubleshooting to solve this.

Likely that Samsung TV doesn't check internet connection when turned on.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a new firmware that was released Tuesday, June 5th.  Try updating to the new firmware, if the issue still occurs after updating then I would recommend having a service tech come to take a look at the unit. 

userlCmruuGfst
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset my TV settings and created a new Samsung account and it fixed the problem. 

My working theory is that it wasn’t connecting to the Samsung account which is why it wouldn’t remember the internet settings.