cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV Keeps Shutting off and on

My Samsung TV ( UN43RU7100FXZA ) keeps turning off and on. I tried unplugging it from the power source multiple times, and it keeps doing the same thing. As soon as I touch any button on the remote, it shuts itself off. There's no chance even to check if I need an update, and also, if I did, it probably wouldn't stay on long enough to perform the update.

I purchased this TV in November 2019, so it is only a few months old. I was watching TV and it just randomly started happening. I have nothing connected to it other than a brand new FireStick. I even tried unplugging that to see if that was giving me issues but no luck.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Keeps Shutting off and on

If the unit is turning on and off by itself try the following:

• Make sure the unit is not plugged into a surge protector.
  • To rule out the remote being the problem, try turning the tv on without using the remote.
  • By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices. 
  • Unplug the TV for 60 seconds.
    • Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 60 seconds, and then plug it back in.
  • Try to update the software.
    • In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.
  • Disable the Power On with Mobile option.
    • TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
    • If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: TV Keeps Shutting off and on

I'm just wondering if a solution was found to this problem. My old TV was doing the same thing...i just thought it was time to get a new TV. I bought a brand new UHD TV yesterday, and am having the same issues. I got through the set up process via phone app...the second I hit a button on the remote, the TV shuts off.