Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MissBonnie
Asteroid

TV Stuck on Select a Language

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this new Samsung Smart TV from my BX over in Italy. Came home to set it up today, but I can't get past the initial 'Select a Language' screen. The remote powered the TV on, and whenever I try to push any buttons 'not available' pops up. 

I've tried unplugging the TV, pairing the remote, another friend's remote, and still get the same results. Does anyone have a fix for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carosyrup
Asteroid

Re: TV Stuck on Select a Language

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MissBonnie - it's worth a shot. We only paid $8 for a universal remote. It doesn't work perfectly but it works well enough for us to finish the set-up and watch TV. We can't navigate through all of the screens with it so are limited to what we can access.

Try calling Samsung. We did and it took 30

secomds for the tech support person to tell us it was the remote. Hoping they did actually send us out a new one.

good luck!

26 REPLIES 26
carosyrup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny - we just bought a Samsung 6290 from our BX today too and we are having the exact same problem! TV is stuck on the Welcome screen and we can't pair the remote. Hoping someone answers this soon!

carosyrup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used the Samsung Online Chat and our TV needs to be serviced. Ugh. But here's part of the chat transcript. Maybe you will have better luck.

PS - We were stationed in Italy too. Aviano 2010-2014. Smiley Happy

Rohan: To check if it is an issue with some electrical/software glitches, please disconnect all the external devices from the TV and with your TV powered ON, unplug your TV from the wall outlet. Then wait 30 seconds and then plug your TV back in.

Rohan: This will discharge the TV completely and will help you eliminate the electrical/system glitches.

Carolyn: OK....we unplugged and waited 30 seconds. Now we have plugged it back in...

Carolyn: It's at the Welcome! screen and frozen. We cannot navigate from the Welcome screen at all.

Rohan: Okay, let us try with the remote pairing now.

Rohan: Below is the link containing the steps to pair the remote.

Rohan: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=656322&modelname=UN5...

Carolyn: The remote did not auto pair with the TV. Manual pairing is not working either.

Rohan: Thank you for confirming.

Rohan: Let's reset the remote control and check if the issue persists.

Rohan: 1. Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries.

Rohan: 2. Press and hold POWER button on the remote for 20 seconds. This discharges the remote and can fix minor electronic glitches.

Rohan: 3. Release the button and reinsert the batteries and the battery cover. Make sure to insert the batteries properly. Test the remote to see if it is working properly now.

Carolyn: OK, we did that.  It's not pairing.

Rohan: Thank you for confirming.

Rohan: Just to confirm, are you able to turn ON and OFF the TV with the TV remote?

Carolyn: yes

Rohan: In this case, we may need to try once with the bluetooth test for the TV remote and TV.

Rohan: Below is the link containing the pictorial steps to perform bluetooth test.

Rohan: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=656327&modelname=UN5...

Carolyn: Neither my husband's nor my phone are picking up either the remote or the TV

Rohan: Carolyn, as the TV itself is not been detected with the bluetooth test, it seems to be an issue with the TV and the TV will need to be serviced for this issue.

Rohan: We have performed the required troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. The TV needs to be serviced, since the issue persists.

Rohan: Please follow the instructions in the below link, that would help you file an online service request.

Rohan: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request

Rohan: After filing an online service request, you will get call from the service center within 2 business days.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of the television?  With it not being a US model there's no guarantee that we can get the issue resolved but we can at least look into it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

carosyrup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a US model. It was purchased in the US. Model # is UN55KU6290FXZA. 

I have done an online chat with support and they told me I need to open a service request (which I have done). The remote won't pair with the TV & we couldn't get our iPhones to detect the Bluetooth in either the remote or the TV. Not sure what the problem is. Waiting on Samsung service to contact me.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did they leave you with either a chat transcript number or a transaction number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

carosyrup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes-Reference ID 4343447115

I copied it the chat transcript above too.

carosyrup
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turns out it was a problem with the remote! We bought an inexpensive universal one and now the TV is working. No idea why a bad remote would have caused the TV itself to freeze up and make it so none of the buttons on the TV worked!

Samsung is supposedly sending us a new remote.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, at least you were able to figure out what happened. I am glad you've gotten it set up to get a new remote. Let us know how it works out once you receive it!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MissBonnie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV is also an American one - same model code and all. I tried a remote from a different TV, but it was the same type of remote. Should I try to get a universal, or no?