cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

TV Wall Mount

I just bought a Samsung 43" Smart TV Series 7000

I had a generic professionally installed TV wall mount for my previous TV ( not a Samsung)

When I went to attach the hanging bracket to the back of the new TV I discovered that the mounting screw openings at the back of new set were bigger and wider than the screws I had for my current wall mount. I called Samsung Customer Service and I was told Samsung did that INTENTIONALLY so you would be forced to buy a proprietary wall mount from Samsung at about $150.00 That is such a rip-off. Samsung should be ashamed of itself and I will now go on Social Media and warn people of that Samsung Rip off if they are intending to purchase a new TV. Perhaps, suggest that they look for a brand other than Samsung that doesn't ripoff its customers. Shame on Samsung. ' Sneak Attack....' ;-)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV Wall Mount

I sincerely apologize for the confusion. The mount just needs to be VESA certified and it will work. Different models require different bolt threads but most VESA mount kits will have bolts that fit.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: TV Wall Mount

@userspuU0QpjHQ i have the the same model tv but in 55in with the curved back of the TV you can use a normal Vesa mount but will be required to get longer bolts and some spacers to make sure the bracket is level with the back of the TV like how i had to in my picture 20200824_070919.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless