cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV Won't Turn On - UN49MU6290FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am unable to get my Samsung TV to turn on. The power to the house went on and off 5 or 6 times and now the TV is unable to power back on. The TV was plugged into a surge protector, which i assumed would help prevent issues like this from happening but i could be wrong. I have tried power button in back of TV, unplugging for couple minutes and replugging back in, and also plugging into wall outlet instead of surge protector. Nothing has worked.

Anyone suggestions on way to get it to turn on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: TV Won't Turn On - UN49MU6290FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userMjbWESFvhL ,

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your set.  Unfortunately what people don't realize about surge protectors is it will protect your devices as long as the fuse hasn't blown.  With the lights going out 5 or 6 times it may not only be blown the protectors fuse but also have damaged the power supply board.  Contacting the support number would allow an in-home service repair person to repair it, however, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the wait time may be extended.  If this was helpful please leave a like and mark accept as a solution.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userMjbWESFvhL, 

Is the TV showing any sort of standby light?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, nothing at all.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems that the TV may require service.  I’d recommend PMing @SamsungModerator so they can check into your options.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userMjbWESFvhL ,

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your set.  Unfortunately what people don't realize about surge protectors is it will protect your devices as long as the fuse hasn't blown.  With the lights going out 5 or 6 times it may not only be blown the protectors fuse but also have damaged the power supply board.  Contacting the support number would allow an in-home service repair person to repair it, however, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the wait time may be extended.  If this was helpful please leave a like and mark accept as a solution.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

View solution in original post