Original topic:

TV doesn’t recognize antenna

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 10:32 AM)
uservRgEbCvGWL
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

I bought a flat screen antenna and hooked it up to my tv a few months ago and it worked great. Then one day it stopped working.  So I exchanged the antenna for another one and this one doesn’t work either.  I’ve tried it with other tvs and it works so I know it’s a tv issue and not the antenna or the placement of the antenna.  I have tried unplugging my tv, moving the antenna, checked to make sure everything is tight enough, but every time I go to scan it still says “0 channels available”, even when I do it a few times in a row.  I noticed that it doesn’t recognize the antenna as one of the inputs.  How do I fix this?  Thanks!

3 Replies
Baglecki
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I use an antenna to. I have every channel my list says I have and if it doesn't I add to list. My cats recently broke my antenna in half so I taped it back together lol and it still works fine.
Sometimes channels blackout and say no signal when they are updating whatever channel it maybe. I don't mind antenna but I sure do miss my Xfinity cable channels like Travel channel and TV Land.
I live in apt building so can't put antenna on roof or dish. I have Samsung TV and phone only buy Samsung, I have no idea what half the stuff on menu is and my next TV will probably be a Sart TV and idk if I like that idea I'm old school. Is there a big difference in regular TV antennas that connect to your TV? Not the roof type
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I understand how this can be frustrating and want to help, just want to confirm have you tried the information in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
When is the last time the tv saw the antenna? It just has to get reacquainted
0 Likes