cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryxnVYvhjNy
Constellation

TV has a black screen but working audio.

Hello, I have a Samsung television model UN49MU7000FXZA.  The television worked fine until suddenly the screen started to go black.  The sound works perfectly fine, and I can faintly see the opening and closing animations of it turning off and on.  I do not have cable and use the TV for gaming and streaming purposes only.  Before the screen went black for good, it occasionally went black but was remedied by turning it off and on.  Now it appears to be black for good.  What can I do to fix it if I can fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV has a black screen but working audio.

Does this occur on all sources and inputs? Have you tried unplugging it for 5 minutes? What is the current software version?

useryxnVYvhjNy
Constellation

How do I check what software version it has?  Unfortunately the entire screen is black.  I've tried unplugging and replugging but it doesn't seem to do anything.  No matter what inputs I do, I can hear the menu and such working, but the screen remains black.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It would require service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link