cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: TV keeps reverting to TV speakers when I turn it on

Hi.. Did you find a solution ? I am having similar issue with my Samsung Q80. But my speakers are JBL (the small but decent sound) and I connect it via bluetooth. Everytime I turn off and on the speakers change to TV speaker and I have to manually connect the bluetooth device.

Is your soundbar connected via bluetooth or cable ? Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this issue as well on my 82" with Samsung sound bar. Soo Annoying! 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem on my new Samsung UE43NU7020 TV. 

Why can't the TV setting of "use HDMI for Sound Output" REMAIN "UNCHANGED" when restarting the TV?!

My Panasonic TV does not have this problem,... why can't you release a little update to fix this issue?! ... common, it's just keeping a setting value,... nothing too complex to program there!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having the exact same issue with my Series Q70 TV and Q70R soundbar. Something happens overnight, and the TV resets to TV Speakers instead of optical, although the soundbar correctly powers on simultaneously with the TV.  Have to manually change the sound output every day... I can do this, no big deal, but I will never be able to exlpain the process to my elderly mom when she comes over to visit. This is very annoying, would be a nearly perfect TV otherwise.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

I was perusing this thread because I was having this problem, but I figured out that despite being connected through the optical wire, my TV was auto connecting to my soundbar via bluetooth. 

When I deleted the speaker from my bluetooth speaker list, it fixed my problem and started using the optical line exclusively. 

Hope it helps someone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello same issue here - VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Samsung Q70 connected to Samsung Soundbar via optical cable. 

Went through all customer-support led troubleshooting. It had a very temporary effect before it returned. 

My diagnosis. It is the millisecond difference between the soundbar turning on before the TV thus enabling both tv and soundbar speakers. I am going to try using a controlled switch surge protector to fix and will report back here.

samsung is no help.

Highlighted
Constellation

Dear friends-

i have found a permanent solution! (No thanks to Samsung #sorrynotsorry)

1. You must use a surge protector with an energy saver control/switch plugs (See picture below)

2. Make sure the Samsung TV is plugged into the control plug

3. Make sure the soundbar is plugged into the switched plug

why this works?

- the soundbar will only turn on after the TV is turned on. Allowing enough time for the sync up to happen. You may get on occasion the initial both tv speaker/ sound bar on but it resolved itself in seconds. 

As i indictad in prior post the setting with using direct in optical cable and the power sync setting was not working. I suspected it was that the soundbar was powering on just a bit too early when tv turned on. 

Anyways please try this and hope it works for you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11oQkZvmennC3vnlFJSlSIzpnARzaHfhN/view?usp=sharing