This "fix" doesn't work for anyone. It's not a fix. Stop referring people to that solution. Fix the problem. It is on your end. It breaks when people update their TV. THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR FIRMWARE. FIX IT.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the marked “Accepted Solution” may not be the solution for everyone on a particular thread or topic, but since it has worked for some, it has been marked as a solution. We appreciate your participation in the Community. Thank you, The Samsung Community Team
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
The reason people give up and accept your "solution" is because we are tired of trying to fix something that doesn't work and ask for "useless support". That means in my personal case I ended up having 3 remote controls in my hands... Blame on you SAMSUNG, support team is useless, you are losing quality in your products and besides started to flood our expensive products with unwanted publicity...
This is the last Samsung product I will buy. Their TVs are trash, my refrigerator broke several times within the first 2 years. Their quality is just not what it used to be.
I have the TU7000 and it can control my STB with no issues, though I find that the STB has to be facing the TV for the best communication.
Perhaps I can help you to troubleshoot this.
Tell me how it would work for a few weeks, then one day I wake up and it doesn't work?
I've moved the box all around, turned it around, upside down, no fix.
I've changed HDMI cables 3 times.
I've reset the TV
I've changed out the cable box with spectrum
I've ran the universal remote
I've turned on game mode, I've turned off game mode.
I've enabled and disabled Anynet+ about 100 times.
Any other suggestions?
I had this exact problem. I got a TU700D last December and it worked fine controlling the stb until last week when it just stopped out of the blue. I tried changing the hdmi cables, changing the ports, a different stb from another room, the remote reset from the other thread, resetting the tv and box. None of it worked. After about 4 hours of trying and thinking maybe a firmware was released that no longer supported my stb, what finally did work was holding the cable box facing the tv from a few feet away and going through the "Universal Remote" set up again within the tv. This time the "channel up" button actually changed the channel. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal set up as the tv is mounted and the cable box has to be positioned in front of it a few feet away. I just wish it worked as it did previously.
As to why it would work perfectly for 5 months and then just stop one day, I can only speculate that maybe a firmware update lowered the IR signal strength. Or perhaps there's a part within the tv itself that prematurely weakens/fails and causes a weaker IR signal. Based on the other thread though, it seems to be a pretty widespread issue without a good explanation.