Original topic:

TV remote, Samsung Server, App issues

(Topic created: 06-12-2021 04:43 PM)
userwDUd6SAhmh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

remote does not work when TV turns on; cannot connect to Samsung Server (error AS401); do a soft reboot and re-pare remote every time I turn on TV; it connects to internet, but not Samsung server; I've done all the steps I see in support - reboot router, reboot TV, reset Smart hub, check updates, etc.. it works until the next time I turn on TV; just seems like TV forgets how to work each day and requires a complete reset when powered on each time. this is unacceptable. Model is UN55MU6300FXZA. What is the fix here? Is this under warranty?

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried resetting the remote by taking the batteries out and holding the power button down for at least 10 seconds? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwDUd6SAhmh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I just did the no battery, remote press. Nothing. Turned TV back on and got black screen. Did a soft reboot and re-paired the remote. I had the generic apps on home screen as TV connected to internet automatically. However, when I tried to connect Samsung account it threw an error (189) when I clicked on user name. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Was this TV purchased in the US and is still located in the US? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwDUd6SAhmh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

yes, TV has been in US since purchase. I was able to access Samsung Server after researching error 189. There is a post on here telling users to go to Samsung account and click 'add user' and sign in again versus clicking your user profile picture to sign-in and access Samsung account. Clicking the user profile pic returned the error - unable to access Samsung Server (189). Odd, but using the 'add user' sign-in works so far. My apps are staying put and I haven't had to reboot or reconnect remote when turning TV back on. This is not an ideal fix though if it works I can live with it. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The initial sign in would appear to have been sending corrupted information to the system. Have you performed a full factory reset at any point?

0 Likes
userwDUd6SAhmh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

back to having problems. how do I go about doing a full factory reset?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Go to Settings>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset. If you are asked for a PIN, enter 0000.

0 Likes
userwDUd6SAhmh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I had already done this reset a week ago. It lasted a day or two before things stopped working again. I just did a full reset and reset smart hub, too. My network stayed intact and the software update remained on version 1290. Everything else was purged and reconfigured. We'll see how this reset goes over the next day or two. I have zero confidence this will fix my issues.  

0 Likes
userLSItz84ULg
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the SAME PROBLEM. No matter how many times i reset the TV, unplug it and plug back in, factory reset... this problem with smart remote keeps coming back.

SAMSUNG NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM OR EXCHANGE THE TV