cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

TV reverts to TV speaker instead of Soundbar when I turnoff my bluetooth headphone

Hi,

I have a Samsung UN50RU7100 smart TV with a Samsung HW-R50C sound bar wired by optical and HDMI-ARC and everything work fine.

When I turn on my bluetooth headphone the TV recognize it and connect, so good so far.  But when I turn off my headphone the TV sound revert to TV speaker instead of soundbar, and each time I have to go in the tv sound settings to set it to soundbar.

Is there a way to set the soundbar as the DEFAULT sound device for the TV?

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: TV reverts to TV speaker instead of Soundbar when I turnoff my bluetooth headphone

I have the exact same problem but with a different Samsung TV & soundbar (connected similarly).  Other posts on similar issues say it might be a bug that Samsung needs to address.  It would be great to find a way to avoid the annoying re-setup of the soundbar each time I use the headphones.

Astronaut

Re: TV reverts to TV speaker instead of Soundbar when I turnoff my bluetooth headphone

Same problem here. I would even be satisfied with a remote shortcut to switch audio outputs. But to have to go through the full menu navigation to switch back every time is annoying, especially when you have it set to another input device like Roku.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this problem, too.  Although I've not figured out how to connect my sound bar to the tv. At this point, I'd gladly go thru multiple steps, but all attempts have resulted in failure to connect.  HELP

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem, only I connected my Apple AirPods to TV sound.  when I took the Air Pods off the sound reverted to the TV speakers, not my soundbar.  I'm trying to get sound bar reconnected and can't seem to find out how to do that.  i'm next going to try deleting the AirPods as a device and try again, and again, and again.  I have been totally unable to TALK to someone at Samsung; they keep referring me to chat.

I did delete the airPods from list of devices and low and behold sound now comes from soundbar.  However, now sound up/down is no longer operable with my TV clicker, only by volume button on soundbar.  A Pain., but at least now ai have better sound as the TV speakers are quite weak.

Highlighted

How are you connecting your soundbar to the TV? via HDMI (ARC) or optical?

What do you mean by not being able to connect your sound bar to the TV?

Highlighted
Constellation

Sounds like you might have a plan... 

my Samsung sound bar is connected to my Samsung tv via optical input. 

everytimw the tv is switched on the tv speaker is selected as the "output" I have to manually select optical EVERYTIME.

my next step is going to be the connect my apple tv via hdmi through the soundbar.. but optical should work