cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won’t stay connected to soundbar (optical)

I have the QN65Q60R television connected to my soundbar (HW-R650).  An optical cord connects the television to the soundbar.  I have selected "optical" for the sound output and it works fine.  However when I turn the tv on again (after its been off for some time-overnight) it reverts to TV Speaker.  How can I make this tv just stay on "optical" and not revert to "tv speaker" 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won’t stay connected to soundbar (optical)

I'm sorry to hear that, what is your current software version on the TV? And is the soundbar turned on before you turn the TV on? How long has it been doing this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won’t stay connected to soundbar (optical)

@SamsungCaleb I have the current version, 1351.  Soundbar is on and when I turn on the tv initially there is an echo since the tv speakers and the soundbar are playing simultaneously.  Now I will go through the process to change it to optical and have the sound only coming through the soundbar.  But when I turn it off for an extended amount of time, the same issue persists and I have to again change it back to optical.  It's been doing this for a couple of months.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset on the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did and same problem

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Probably worth noting that I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour, this started occuring after the update to firmware version 1351.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: TV sound output reverts to TV speakers and won’t stay connected to soundba..

Hey

Highlighted
Constellation

There is a new downloadable update, 1352 which resolves this, it wasn't available via the TV update function, had to do it via the USB route

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you!  I did not have this problem until the 1351.  I'll see what I can do.