Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucianM
Constellation

Re: TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

So, I read almost all the topics regarding this issue ( TV on/off over and over again). Also my TV : Samsung UE40D5520 has the same behavior.

I see that Samsung moderators advice the people to do a SW reset or an firmware update but I cannot control any menu or button from TV. How can we do this if the TV stays ON only few seconds and even the option of using an USB can not be done.

(http://support-us.samsung.com/nas/storage/201205221743019%5Estorage_attachment%5EHow_To_Update_Your_...)

From my point of view it is clear that this is a SW issue . What can do the user to fix it ?

Also, I take a look under the backcover on the power supply board and main board, all seems to be ok.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you cannot get into the menu to update, then repairs would be needed to have a tech force any updates or complete any needed repairs. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userFcNc5MoZHI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar issue with my 65 inch Q7F TV where it keeps rebooting itself randomly. It turns off and then back on by itslef. Also the silver remote sometimes does not respond. Sometimes it does not even pair. I called Samsung support and they said they will send me a new one connect box which should fix the problem. Can someone confirm if this is a one connect box problem? I just hope the new one connect box will fix the problems as promised, but can someone confirm. Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That has been found to fix the issue.  If that doesn't help, the next step would be to service it.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usern68bGPtYHK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What has been found to be the issue? The "One Connect" box? Do I need to have it replaced to keep my Samsung 65" SUHD TV from turning itself off? 

How do I get you to send me one?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern68bGPtYHK: Shoot us a private message and we will get some additional info and check a few things with you then if needed, we can send one.  

userHa6YlevxhR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m having the same problem
Seadooer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My un65mu8000 is having this problem.  What is the best way to get this resolved?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Seadooer Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userjG8cOhuVvl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Checking your warranty is not a solution. The fact that so many people have the same problem should be a strong message to Samsung. But it apparently is not. 

My PN58C550 Plasma (circa 2011) is hooked by HDMI to Dish Joey and Apple TV. If I start it normally with DISH, it shuts down after abotu 30 seconds and reboots the TV; and it keeps cycling like this. 

HOWEVER, if I quickly switch to Apple TV, it stays on, then I can go back to DISH. 

So, I hardly think it is just a capacitor issue, but perhaps a software issue between settings on the DISH Joey and settings on the Samsung. But I can't figure what they are. Some type of disconnect between the information between the two and it overloads the Samsung and it restarts. I do not know what the lever is. I have tried two Joey boxes. Happens with both. BTW, it then will disappear for a day or so, then start doing it again. It has even stopped doing it for a couple of months. I've changed HDMI inputs to see if that was the issue. Nope. So, it isn't the Joey. It isn't the HDMI input. It is something with the SAMSUNG or the dialogue between the two. 

So, what is it?