cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My plasma doesn' have a One Connect box and it randomly shuts off and immediately restarts.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I see this thread has been going on for a yea and a half, and I know there are older ones. In 2010, I bought a Samsung LN46C630K1FX2A. It started turning off for about 30 seconds, then come back on by itself a couple times a day. While still under warranty, Samsung sent a technician out who replaced the circuit board. It worked fine for a few months, then started doing it again (now out of warranty). I tried re-setting it, plugging it directly into a wall outlet, plugging it directly into another wall outlet....nothing helped. I wasn't going to pay a local service tech to fix something that the tech Samsung sent couldn't. Soooooooo I just dealt with it. The TV might cycle off and on a couple times a day every day for several weeks (always for about 30 seconds), then the problem would disappear. It would work fine for several months, but would always start doing it again frequently. Finally, a few weeks ago, it started cycling off and on about every 20 minutes, which I couldn't deal with. Since it was now 7 years old, I found a solution to the problem....a few whacks with an 8lb sledge hammer. It doesn't turn itself off anymore. I bought a new Sony Bravia 4X.....a really nice unit. Dell.com has great prices on these. I haven't bought another Samsung product since 2010.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ISP is blocking updates how do I fix

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with my brand new (Purchased in January) Samsung UN65KS9000FXZA along with another issue regarding the Bose Sound Touch 300 system.  We purchased the top of the line TV and sound system and certainly did not expect to have these kind of problems. 

The TV will simply randomly shut off while watching.  We can immediately turn it back on.  It returns to the same program and will stay on for a while and then shut off again.

The sound system problem is also random.  Sometimes it engages and the sound properly plays through the Bose System but often it plays only through the TV.  When the Bose system is not engaging I can unplug the TV, wait 15 seconds, plug it back in and the system will work again for a very short period of time.

We love the Samsung picture quality as well as the Bose sound quality but, we paid a lot of money to get what we believed to be the best of the best...  These issues are troubling...  Please help...

Thank you  

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took a chance on Samsung, I was a bit Leary after the issues they had with there phones but was assured the tv didn't have those kind of issues. Boy was I wrong. I have had nothing but trouble. Ok, it worked amazingly for 3 weeks, but then the sound went out. Next the continuous and random rebooting. Remote doesn't work etc. I could understand if it was a none name brand purchased for a couple hundred bucks, but I dropped almost two grand on this thing. Service and support has been horrible. I will never purchase another Samsung product again. You shouldn't have these kinds of issues a month in at this price point.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user7jfX1KDiq0, please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a samsung 3d smart tv and only had it for close to 6 months now and it's starting to turn on and off all by itself.. we've tried a few of these things mentioned to other people it's upgraded, we factory reset it, unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in but it wI'll not even stay on for 5 mins before it goes off again. Do you know what it might be?
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Problem is it's a samsung, solution is buy a different brand, unless it's under warranty.
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  I updated my software and I still have the same problem.

@SamsungNik wrote:

Are you able to access the menu at all before it powers off? If so could you attempt to update the firmware/software and tell me if you notice any changes?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user8JXBTLwZw4, please provide the full model code and current software version.