cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVUkkV39jK6
Astronaut

Re: TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

mine is turning on and off  AGAIN, had a service call once already and they thought it was the cord for the "brain to the TV (3 mos ago)..will make a second call for service tomorrow but this is  RIDICULOUS for this kind of money: QLED 60 inch 2017...

userATf3YuqHJ7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m having the same problem
Highlighted
usercW4BhNZohc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any news on how to fix the onSmiley Surprisedff problem

@Mrs_Coad wrote:

@Nanalibbywrote:

My smart tv is 6 months old and has started turning itself off, any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue, and I've had my Smart TV for about a year now...please help!Smiley Sad

userjvuzbXXHq1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started doing this!!  Not coming back on today tho!!!  Only a couple years old!!!  Any way to fix?! Anyone?!

userjvuzbXXHq1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine just started doing that! Today it hasn't come back on tho. I hope it's not done!! Any fix?!!
user1lUMw2CbNq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, Samsung UN55JS8500 purchased 2/2016. Did software updates, the phone support people keep asking if my power cord is plugged in properly. The short one year warranty just expired, and now I'm supposed to pack and ship the TV, pay for it, and also pay for the service. Absolutely useless, buying SONY from now on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have and the serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userczqNnlHtW6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find a solution?  Mine has started doing the same?

Will shut off/ than back on by itself.

Checked for software update and pluged into different power supply.

No software was avalable and it still is shutting off than on!

Don

userdK8IO4UNmg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is of no help, my smart (?) tv goes on and off every 1-5 seconds. Called Samsung, first mistake, spoke to someone, second mistake, who had no idea what they were talking about. 2nd time I’ve used Samsung customer support and frankly I should’ve known better. Anyway, tv goes on and off, conveniently warranty expired 12/31/17 even though it was registered online, Samsung says they have no record. Fortunately I paid for an extended warranty at the reseller btw they were infinitely more helpful, the only issue is that it will be 2-3 days before they can send anyone out. First and last Samsung tv or other large appliance for that matter. The level of service has been atrocious and the convenience of it breaking 3 weeks out of warranty is just too much. RIDICULOUS
userdK8IO4UNmg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to add a few things to this, the customer service (that’s an oxymoron in this case) told me she had never heard of this and yet here are 16 pages of complaints about the same issue so it’s a known issue that Samsung has chosen to do nothing about. The rep also told me to go to the menu, I told her that I just said it cycles on and off every 2-5 seconds so how do I get to the menu, not to mention the picture never displays, did I mention she had no idea what she was talking about. Her solution- send out a service rep (at my cost) for a $1500 smart tv that is 13 months old, I’m so irritated right now that I’m just going to stop but I assure you anyone who asks me about what brand to purchase (any product) will be told anything but Samsung and 95% of the reason is the level of service.