cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanalibby
Constellation

TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My smart tv is 6 months old and has started turning itself off, any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your television is powering itself off/on, and you have tested unplugging the unit as well as all software/firmware is up-to date (for those that can still access the menu), then service repairs would be recommended. To check warranty status you can message us here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

If the unit is out of warranty and you need pricing information, you can seek local authorized repairmen using this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

320 REPLIES 320
Mrs_Coad
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nanalibby wrote:

My smart tv is 6 months old and has started turning itself off, any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue, and I've had my Smart TV for about a year now...please help!Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, can you provide the model number of your TV? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kayvee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I having the same issue. My tv is 3 years old . It turns off and turns on continuously . Model number is UN46F6400AFXZA
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kayvee,
I am very sorry to hear you're having issues with your TVs. I certainly understand the frustration that comes along with any device failing but if your device is 2+ years out of warranty, there is no accommodation that can be made. You will need to have these TVs service with an out of warranty repair. If you would like to set this up for service, you can do this here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  

If you would like for me to look over your case and reach out to you directly, you can reach out to me via a private message. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

kayvee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was reading about a lot of issues in forums and videos about the transistor failure for power on samsung tvs. I just wanted to give a try before I am paying if really not needed. I opened the tv and disconnected the cable buses and connected again. It is working good now. Will keep an eye on that and contact an expert is really it happens again. 

Ismadgo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem UN55H8000AFXZA 

1 yr old

usern68bGPtYHK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a brand new 65" SUHD Quantum Dot Samsung TV (85 series) that is less than 2 weeks old and it's shutting off by itself.

I've checked the timer, sleep and other clock modes and I don't see any settings that could be causing this.

I'm using the TV with an Onkyo receiver and DirecTV and an Apple TV.

I'm concerned this is an indicator that this product will have other issues.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to access the menu at all before it powers off? If so could you attempt to update the firmware/software and tell me if you notice any changes?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usern68bGPtYHK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked for updates and the software is up to date so no update is necessary.

The unit turns itself off after about 2.5 hours of watching and the standby light comes on.