cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0ftIXv2WHg
Constellation

Re: TV turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this set as solved? 18 pages of people complaining about the same thing through multiple models....

So my story is awesome. Bought this TV two months ago, considered returning it before the 30 days lapsed, but considering its mounted on the wall, I'm not gonna lie, I was lazy. Bad idea as the issues are getting more and more annoying.

Top of my list is I'll be sitting there playing Xbox and the thing will try to auto shutdown for eco mode, then I gotta run around looking for the remote to press ok. Great stuff huh, like how does it not realize it is being used?? No, I'm not turning off eco mode, I need it, I watch my TV to go to sleep and don't want it running all night and no I don't want to set sleep mode, I just like my stuff to shut down like my old "dumb" Samsung. Like how is this a thing, a basic functionality broken in a technologically advanced TV.

Second on my list, short second... so I have two xbox one's, the X and the original one. Somehow, even though they are plugged into different ports, if I haven't changed the source before shutting down the TV (mind you I only really use the X now) it will turn on both xboxes when I power the TV back on. Even better than that, my TV has a feature that allows it to turn on devices when you switch to that source. Awesome right? So imagine my confusion if I power on one Xbox, start updating, switch to the second xbox's source to play while I wait only to have the first xbox toggle off!! Then if I switch the source back to the first xbox, the second one shuts down... wow.

Things I've tried: anynet+ off, factory reset, turning wifi on/off, unplug it/plug it in, unplug HDMI/plug back in, update software, turn off all power options in xbox settings, call Best Buy (be told that a guy there has similar issues), call samsung support (and be told they are going to charge me to come out??), request service online (never get a response).

user4bHY1ahX02
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm unable to update it on the state it's in... I have the firmware on a usb flash drive and I've plugged it into all three usb ports and powered it up and it does the same thing. Just keeps power cycling.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userAZjgEBPmxQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had my UN55D6900 for a few years now.  It started power cycling randomly a few months ago.  There is no software updates available for the television.  I changed out the Wi-Fi module which seemed to make the problem less frequent, boy now it’s happening MUCH more frequently and when it goes off may click and blink for 5-10 minutes before it comes back on again.  Samsung really needs to address this issue or LG and Sony will end up with all of your business.

Brad

userXdZz0dXSwT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a PN60E550D1FXZA 3D plasma and as soon as the warranty ran out I lost picture but had sound. I had to replace the Y sustain board to the tune of $200 and I did the labor myself. Samsung has already made that part obsolete, for a TV only a couple years old. I had to have mine remanufactured by an outside company. Then it was okay for a while and now it powers off and on over and over and over and sometimes will not shut off. It's been doing this at intervals over the past couple of years but it's so bad I can't handle it anymore now.  Looks like I have more capacitor failures. I paid a ton of money for this TV and really feel ripped off, Samsung is going to get a bad recommendation from me every chance I get. This is unacceptable to pay $1500 for a TV for two years of service and then find out parts are no longer available. Next TV will not be a Samsung. I just bought a brand new $3200 refrigerator and $2400 worth of washer and dryer... I went with LG. I saw the samsungs and had this TV been worth having I would likely have bought samsung appliances but they won't get the chance to rip me off like this anymore. Where do I find out about the lawsuit against them?

userjh8H9QfYN2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and got my TV repaired in Samsung authorized repairmen, 2 months later the problem was back again. For repair there was absolutetly no warranty. I'm really disappointed

userjh8H9QfYN2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, got my TV repaired in a Samsung authorized repairmen, and the same issue was back again after 2 months from repair (no warranty after repair).

I'm so frustrated. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

userNlhmW5QSqE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a problem that should be on recall. It’s systemic and related to the hdmi-cec. I’ve turned it off and the tv works fine. Clearly this is a larger issue with the firmware or components Samsung has used to build the TV. Any news on fixing it before I trash it and never buy Samsung again? 

usercttZI0nH32
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've got 3 Samsung TV's in my house along with my note 3 cell phone. Looks like my love affair with your products has come to screeching halt. I spent almost $2000 dollars on a 3D tv and then goes out in less than 5 years all you got is, "Let me give you a number to a guy that can fix that"? I'll be shopping for a new TV tomorrow and I'll give you three guesses which brand I won't buy. BYE!