Original topic:

TV turning on and off with a black screen and blinking red light

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 6:33 PM)
useruVg8FIDVh9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I tried to turn on my 42" 4k Samsung smart TV and it made the power on sound, the backlight turned on, but the screen saved black. The standby light is flashing red and the remote does not seem to do anything. The TV just turns itself off and then the startup noise happens again after 10s or so. The only way to get it to stop is to unplug the TV. I have tried unplugging it, and have checked all the cords. I have tried plugging directly into the wall instead of the surge protector. Nothing works. I don't know what to do. I just bought the TV in August.

0 Likes
2 Replies
useryflNey8LEl
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Having the same issue with a un43tu700dfxza.  It has sound before restarting again in 10-15 seconds.  Does anyone have an answer?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If the television is up to date and the television does this while it's plugged into an outlet directly, service would be the next suggested step.  If you would like to look into service options, send me a private message with your full model and serial number.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes