cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
careyr
Constellation

TV won't discover any wifi network UN48JU6400FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The tv was connected to the internet for months and was working properly. A few days ago it failed to connect and when I tried to estalish a connection it will not discover the prior  network or any other network. Since I have two networks myself and there are numerous wifi networks in the neighborhood it appears the wifi antenna is no longer working. Is there anyway to do a reset or to check the antenna operation?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TV won't discover any wifi network UN48JU6400FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning. I can definitely see how this would be frustrating. Let's try doing a network test on the TV. The directions are below. Please let us know if this helps: 

To run a network Status test on the TV follow these steps:

• Note: Navigate to the upper left-hand corner and select Menu if you are using the Smart Control.

1. Press the MENU/123 button.
  2. Use the navigational pad to select the Network section of the Main Menu, and then click down on the navigational pad to enter the submenu.
  3. Use the navigational pad to select the Network Status option in the Setup menu, and then click to begin the test.

The Network Status test will finish and show the status of your network connection.

Tip: If you are using a manual network configuration you can select IP Settings and make adjustments to your Network settings.

41 REPLIES 41
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OH no. That's no good. Lets give this a try. Please provide the results of this test. 

To run a network Status test on the TV follow these steps:

Note: Navigate to the upper left hand corner and select Menu if you are using the Smart Control.

Press the MENU/123 button.

Use the navigational pad to select the Network section of the Main Menu, and then click down on the navigational pad to enter the sub menu.

Use the navigational pad to select the Network Status option in the Setup menu, and then click to begin the test.

The Network Status test will finish and show the status of your network connection.

Tip: If you are using a manual network configuration you can select IP Settings and make adjustments to your Network settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

careyr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The tv did not detect any networks despite the existance of several. I had to power reset the tv. It must run Windows.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try factory resetting this device. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046741/997444918/#!detail/support/restoring_tv_to_fact...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

okc2tx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I get a copy of ALL factory setting? Geek squad changed so much it is worse than before ughhh it is a une60es7500 series thanks ken okc2tx@aol.com 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By completing the Factory reset it restores the television back to factory settings. There isn't a method of downloading these settings to a drive or bootable USB to have a copy of them. You are able to download the software updates via USB though. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

okc2tx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When selecting factory reset, the tv just shuts off and does not come back on 😞 The geek squad has changed so much in the secret 182 menu settings that it is worse than before. He is coming back out in a few days to work with Samsung tech support and go through each of those settings under each section and see if he can get back to normal. It still reboots itself like like every 20 minutes for like 2-3 hours before it eventually stops rebooting. So frustrating, if he can't fix this time I am getting a different brand 😢. Everything in my house is Samsung ( stove, fridge, microwave, washer dryer...) 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no... keep us updated on the repair. Sorry to hear about this, I know this can be super frustrating. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userfsl78IEyxQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get your problem fixed?

I have the exact same problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userfsl78IEyxQ, what software version are you running?