JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV won't install apps`

(Topic created: 06-15-2020 10:03 AM)
userBtbRWNxXGq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a new Series 8 Crystal UHD TV. It is connected to the internet and the preinstalled apps, like Netflix work. However, it will not install any apps (Spectrum, HBO MAX, HBO GO, Disney +). When I select "Install" it looks like it begins to install and displays a zero (0), like it is beginning. However it stays like that for a moment, then goes back to app info page.

This is frustrating. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
28 Replies
userg6oWgLjrlc
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
unbelievable. but unplugging/replugging worked!!
0 Likes
Samsung_IDfA5Np
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Switching to different HDMi clearing cache and installation working fine

@userBtbRWNxXGq wrote:

I have a new Series 8 Crystal UHD TV. It is connected to the internet and the preinstalled apps, like Netflix work. However, it will not install any apps (Spectrum, HBO MAX, HBO GO, Disney +). When I select "Install" it looks like it begins to install and displays a zero (0), like it is beginning. However it stays like that for a moment, then goes back to app info page.

This is frustrating. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
userw6A3XKZMmT
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is no joke... just unplug TVs power cable and plug in it back.. maybe this is needed only after you open for the very first time your TV and make all the connections wifi etc.. I think that happens (stay unplugged for 5secs) so TV can establish those data..

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user70bvEKuYhN
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
unpkug didn't work. what now...
0 Likes
userNEZ5JiHPMO
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hold down the power button on the remote for 5 seconds, until the logo appears on the screen.

user0YumiDTAKw
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
ok thats ridiculous it works! thanks
0 Likes
usertrz4NKwjug
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue with my 2020 Crystal UHD TV which I bought 3 weeks ago and this also affects downloading content in Ambient Mode. Samsung Service Center in my country already replaced my TV's main board but did not solve the issue. I know the unplug and plug is a workaround but that shouldn't be the case for an expensive TV. Just disappointing! Been wanting to return the TV but they won't allow me to.

0 Likes
MVF7733
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Was able to install HBOMAX Disney+Hulu etc bit wasn't able to install abc or msnbc and not sure why need help please 

0 Likes